Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The jeep will not turn over. The battery is good from what I can tell. There is no clicking sound when I turn the ignition. All the light come on and the seatbelt sound goes off but that's it. Help !!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The jeep will not turn over. The battery is good from what I can tell. There is no clicking sound when I turn the ignition. All the light come on and the seatbelt sound goes off but that's it. Help !!!!
I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. Lights and everything worked but nothing when i turned the key. No clicking usually indicates a starter problem. Thats where I would start at least. Hit the starter a couple times with a hammer to loosen up the coils. If that doesn't work, I would go have it tested somewhere. Check the lines going to the starter and to the solenoid. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the update thanks for leading me in the right direction. I looked at the starter and saw that the bolt that goes connected to the positive battery post was loose. Once I tighten it and a few taps with the hammer it started right up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the update thanks for leading me in the right direction. I looked at the starter and saw that the bolt that goes connected to the positive battery post was loose. Once I tighten it and a few taps with the hammer it started right up.
Awesome...if the same issue comes up again, I would suggest getting it tested. Easy to take off as you know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts