Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys I have a 1997 sport tj. I have been given the opportunity to get a cherokee of the same year for under $1000. Are there compatible parts? Ie if I use the Cherokee as an off road river hack and throw parts towards my wrangler if I break that what's compatible? Other than the engine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So guys I have a 1997 sport tj. I have been given the opportunity to get a cherokee of the same year for under $1000. Are there compatible parts? Ie if I use the Cherokee as an off road river hack and throw parts towards my wrangler if I break that what's compatible? Other than the engine.
Engines the big one, check what the driveline looks like compared to yours, might get a transmission and transfer case. Body wise they are to very different vehicles, not a lots going to work there

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
As long as it is a Cherokee (not a Grand Cherokee), it will have the more desirable high pinion D30 front axle which is a bolt in for the TJ and stronger than your low pinion D30. The gearing would need to match what you have in the rear (or be regeared)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as it is a Cherokee (not a Grand Cherokee), it will have the more desirable high pinion D30 front axle which is a bolt in for the TJ and stronger than your low pinion D30. The gearing would need to match what you have in the rear (or be regeared)

I need to re-gear anyhow after putting my 33s on. Can't even make it in 5th gear anywhere... ekk. Ok so it's sounding hopefull at least.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I wouldnt buy a 1k XJ just to use the HP30. You can buy HP30s for relatively cheap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts