Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.
I need some help with the following, I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 3.8l 4 doors and I just replaced the fan motor & radiator, afther checking for temperature status to see at what temp. the fan motor starts kicking I found out by analog tempt indicator & through ODBSII that the fan motor kicks in at exactly 102 degrees celcius ( 215.6 Degrees farenheit coolant tempt.) and brings the temp back down to around 84 to 90 until the cycle repeats itself. my question, is this the normal tempt for this jeep to start to engage the fan motor? if not at what tempt. does it suppose to kick-in, also I know that there should be a 2 speeds to the fan motor one high revolution and the other a low revolution, 2 fusus 60 amp and the other 20 I think, but I don't know where the lower one is located in the fuse box. to see if its working or not.
Finally there are 2 lights coming on on my dashboard, the ABS and the skid light, when I took my jeep out for a spin today, I got a burning smell like rubber or plastic and the jeep felt like forcefull when driving back home and a continueos burning smell until I stopped it and cooled it off then I started it again but in Idle for about 10 min. and there was no burning smell, any body out there who can provide me with advice on this would be highly appreciated so I can have it fixed, you may also send your adive directly to my email: [email protected] many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
temp yes its normal. Your burning smell is a seized caliper. Try and find the offending one (put your had on the rim. Should be hot to touch. Either replace the caliper or try to lube up the slider pins. Also do a brake bleed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts