Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a lift kit to provide clearance for my 35in tires. I currently have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I am trying to stay under $1,000 and I do not plan to do much off roading. On different sites I see them for around $500 and then up to $2,000 and I am having trouble telling what the difference is between them. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing the link! I am thinking of getting the 3.5 Rubicon express suspension lift seen on extremeterrain.com, but they are without shocks. Just a basic question that I did not see clearly defined in the above, do I need to purchase shocks along with the kit or will it be ok without them? Here is a link to the kit I am thinking about purchasing:

Rubicon Express Wrangler 3.5 in. Standard Coil Spring Suspension Lift, No Shocks RE7142 (07-16 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,546 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
@Nb_JK8 RE 3.5 standard is incomplete. Look into the RE 3.5 "sport" kit, address your driveshaft, upgrade to grade 8 bolts and call it a day.

Staying under $1k, look at this combo made famous by kjeeper10 for the jeepers.

https://www.allensoffroad.com/suspe...x-1351002-RS9000XL-Caster-Correction-KJ-Combo

HOW GOOD IS THIS ALLENS OFFROAD.. and I would like to know of people that use this kit. I mean the price is right.. but if it breaks while going over the curb at the mall.. what good is it.. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts