Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Direct fit for the 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6L *1
Installs in under 1 hour
Included drain kit empties catch can in minutes through the fender well for easy, mess-free maintenance without opening the hood *2
Durable 2.5mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can out of the way of other engine components and isolates it from engine vibration for a lifetime of service
Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
Includes direct-fit hoses with pre-installed quick-disconnect fittings for quick and easy installation
3 oz. capacity for longer service intervals
CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
Filter and can are fully serviceable
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

PM me with any questions or to get pricing!!

Attachments

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeep wrangler jk baffled oil catch can, 2012-2018

Direct fit for 2012–2018 3.6L Jeep Wrangler JK
Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
Installs in under 1 hour
Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
Filter and can are fully serviceable
Patent pending
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

PM me for pricing info

Attachments

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Catch Cans for Jeeps

Catch Cans..... Did you know?

Why do I need it?

All gasoline engines can benefit from proper PCV vapor evacuation and the removal of oil mist. You only want air and fuel in the combustion chamber and an RX oil separating catch can system is the solution. Our system uses constant vacuum to pull the PCV vapors out of the crank case and once they coalesce the harmful deposits are left behind such as sulfuric acid, unburned fuel, oil mist and water. These compounds are what build up on the valves, this is known as valve coking. In boosted vehicles the intercooler will ingest some oil and water as well.

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Why doesn’t my manufacturer install these on new vehicles?

Because the owner of the vehicle is required to take the extra step during regular oil changes or more frequently in cooler climates. The trend is “zero maintenance” in the automotive market space.

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Catch Cans..... Did you know? 2 for 1

How much will a catch can improve my fuel economy?

The average is 1-3 miles per gallon depending on the vehicle application.

How difficult is installation, can I do this myself without being a mechanic?

Absolutely, if you can watch YouTube videos you can install our system.

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What is a clean side separator or 1LE?

While the catch can eliminates most of the oil and condensates which come through the dirty side,
the clean side separator, as the name implies, takes care of the little bit that can come through the clean side.
Here is a brief explanation
Anytime the throttle is opened more than 2/3, reversion pulses cancel any measurable vacuum inside the intake manifold . The PCV system at this time stops evacuating and pressure builds in the crankcase pushing oil vapors backwards out the fresh side inlet allowing ingestion. The Clean Side Separator will intercept these vapors.

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

What is the difference between the off-road breather and the 1LE clean side separator?

For starters they both occupy the same space so you can only run one or the other. The RX 1LE style clean side separator prevents oil back flow that may come through the clean side of the engine further preventing oil ingestion. Anytime the throttle is open more than 2/3, reversion pulses cancel any measurable vacuum inside the intake manifold. The PCV system at this time stops evacuating and pressure builds in the crankcase pushing oil vapors backwards out the clean side inlet allowing ingestion. The 1LE clean side separator intercepts these harmful vapors and allows only metered filtered fresh air into the engine so as not throw the ECU off. Allowing unmetered air into the combustion chamber may cause rough idle and other issues regarding fuel trim. The off-road breather is for off road use only, we offer it in three styles, no one way check valve, one way in and one way out. The only off-road breather that is EPA emissions compliant is the one way in however that air still isn’t metered.

·
Vendor
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can’t I just vent the crankcase to the atmosphere?

You could, but there are several reasons why you shouldn’t. It’s bad for the environment; it’ll make a mess of your engine compartment and let metered air out of the PCV system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts