Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I just purchased a 2019 Wrangler JL Sport last week. I love everything except as you may now already the speaker sound quality sucks. I did not purchase the Alpine upgrade. Doing some research I came across JEEP WRANGLER JK KICKER SPEAKER UPGRADE Kit. It has great reviews and its a cheap upgrade.

Question is do you guys think speakers will fit 2019 JL? Here is the link to the speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-WRANGLER-KICKER-SPEAKER-UPGRADE/dp/B004SUO5QS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2OLHJAGX901VR&keywords=jeep+wrangler+speakers+upgrade+kit&qid=1560368624&s=gateway&sprefix=wrangler+spe,aps,189&sr=8-1

Thank you
Deluxpunx :bop::bop:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Someone in the QA section said they would not work. Starting to look for replacements for my '19 JL. May just wind up ordering from Crutchfield...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Unfortunately, those speakers won't fit. The JLs come with 4.5" speakers in the dash and sound bar.

• Standard eight speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch dashboard speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
  • Available premium Alpine audio system with nine speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch dashboard speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
    • One 10-inch quad voice coil subwoofer

·
Registered
110 Posts
Common replacements I've seen mentioned are below. Big improvement over the non-Alpine system but you'll still be lacking bass since these are 3.5" and 4" speakers.

Kicker DSC 350 x 2-dash and 2-above the head
Kicker 44KSC404 x 2-knee and 2-above the head

·
Registered
59 Posts
Common replacements I've seen mentioned are below. Big improvement over the non-Alpine system but you'll still be lacking bass since these are 3.5" and 4" speakers.

Kicker DSC 350 x 2-dash and 2-above the head
Kicker 44KSC404 x 2-knee and 2-above the head

A friend just replaced 4 of them. 2 Dash and 2 roll bar. His volume on 15 sounds like mine on 25 or so. I feel like that's improvement as you said but wondering would the bass be at least on par with stock non-Alpine? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts