Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preview images:
Our Latest 2019 Jeep JT Pickup Info and Preview Images

Jeep is basically going to be printing money with the pickup truck IMO. There'll probably be supply issues meeting demand and I can see markups for a long time on the pickup. Anyone here waiting to check out the Pickup before deciding on the JL/JLU? I'd really like to check out the 4 door truck. Possibly provides all the qualifies of the JLU but with added utility of the bed!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Preview images:
Our Latest 2019 Jeep JT Pickup Info and Preview Images

Jeep is basically going to be printing money with the pickup truck IMO. There'll probably be supply issues meeting demand and I can see markups for a long time on the pickup. Anyone here waiting to check out the Pickup before deciding on the JL/JLU? I'd really like to check out the 4 door truck. Possibly provides all the qualifies of the JLU but with added utility of the bed!
Man the metallic orange one.... :awesome:

Hope its got the towing capability to match its tough looks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Every trophy wife in my area, (who now drives a JK that doesn't see dirt going from mini-mansion mega car garage (with car lifts) to the nail salon, is going to want one of these.

Sigh: raise the price for the rest of us who will actually use the flatbed for what it designed for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The pickup design just looks awkward to me. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing my JKU every day that the extension looks like it doesn't belong :)

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Just to note, these are simply some guy's drawings of what he thinks the pickup might look like.

He could be right, and I could have the Powerball numbers for Saturday. :D

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The dealer in Glendale, CA claims these will be extremely limited and cost around $100k. I can't imagine this is true...
I think your local dealer is mixing up this with the AEV Brute.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
The dealer in Glendale, CA claims these will be extremely limited and cost around $100k. I can't imagine this is true...
The current JK assembly line will be dedicated to building these (the JL's will be built on the current Cherokee line). I can't imagine, either, that they will be only in extremely limited quantities.

Well, of course, once we are past the first few months of availability. There might be a temporary shortage, with the initial stampede of buyers grabbing all of the firsts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just curious how many will install a bed shell? Which of course would defeat the purpose of buying a JTU over a JLU...lol. Also no side vent? Hmmmm... wait and see.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I'll be paying attention to these also. My wife has already decided she wants one like a year or two after they come out (in case of any initial bugs) lol.

And then I'm sure she will want to lift it of course esp considering she is like 5'2 on a good day. But hey, at least she enjoys off roading on the jku and not just straight mall crawling!

·
Registered
784 Posts
The only JT worth having would be the 3.0L Diesel, but given that my GC Limited Diesel listed north of 53K I don't see anyway on this earth that the JT diesel will be any less than 50K. Got tired of waiting and bought a F150 3.5 Ecoboost for 37k and will enjoy it till Fiat gets their heads out of their asses.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The only JT worth having would be the 3.0L Diesel, but given that my GC Limited Diesel listed north of 53K I don't see anyway on this earth that the JT diesel will be any less than 50K. Got tired of waiting and bought a F150 3.5 Ecoboost for 37k and will enjoy it till Fiat gets their heads out of their asses.
Really? You don't see any way? I guess we're going to ignore the fact that the Grand Cherokee is more expensive than the Wrangler, or that the Limited trim is approx. $10k more than the base Grand Cherokee. If Jeep offers a base price of around $25k, with the diesel should be around $30k.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that just bought an EcoBoost and calls Jeep "Fiat." Sounds like the only one who needs to get their head out of their ass is yourself.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Really? You don't see any way? I guess we're going to ignore the fact that the Grand Cherokee is more expensive than the Wrangler, or that the Limited trim is approx. $10k more than the base Grand Cherokee. If Jeep offers a base price of around $25k, with the diesel should be around $30k.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that just bought an EcoBoost and calls Jeep "Fiat." Sounds like the only one who needs to get their head out of their ass is yourself.
Figure the JT will cost more than the current JKU models, that is a given considering past pricing history. Now figure the cost of a current model JKU Rubicon HR starts north of 43K, if you don't think the JT Rubicon Diesel will be over 50k then you are delusional.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't see anyway on this earth that the JT diesel will be any less than 50K.
Figure the JT will cost more than the current JKU models, that is a given considering past pricing history. Now figure the cost of a current model JKU Rubicon HR starts north of 43K, if you don't think the JT Rubicon Diesel will be over 50k then you are delusional.
So you went from claiming that ANY JT diesel will be over 50k to any JT RUBICON diesel will be over 50k. That's a funny way of admitting you are wrong.

A standard JKU Rubicon starts at $37k, so why you would compare it to the most expensive Rubicon trim is beyond me. But for the sake of argument, let's consider the worst case scenario of $43k. The diesel option in the GC/Ram is somewhere between $4.5-5k. So worst case, you are looking at $48k, which leaves $2k room to spare. A standard Rubicon (non Hard Rock) with a diesel would be somewhere around $43k.

Will you be able to get options that push it over $50k? Absolutely, but then you can't really complain about the price because the options are, well, optional.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The current JK assembly line will be dedicated to building these (the JL's will be built on the current Cherokee line). I can't imagine, either, that they will be only in extremely limited quantities.

Well, of course, once we are past the first few months of availability. There might be a temporary shortage, with the initial stampede of buyers grabbing all of the firsts.
I thought they were going to continue making the JK "classic". Are there additional JK assembly lines or have the plans to maintain the classic been scrapped?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Got tired of waiting and bought a F150 3.5 Ecoboost for 37k and will enjoy it till Fiat gets their heads out of their asses.
Sure you did, got tired of waiting and got a EcoBust? Yeah, you weren't ever in the market for a JT.

Figure the JT will cost more than the current JKU models, that is a given considering past pricing history.
What pricing history? For a new model with no history, or for the Wrangler refresh which actually had prices go down TJ to JK? Or are you simply pricing based on the most expensive variant of a model, of wait would that put your F-150 at $60K+, because there is only the Limited trim, right?

Sounds like you're the one with their head up their a$$

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I thought they were going to continue making the JK "classic". Are there additional JK assembly lines or have the plans to maintain the classic been scrapped?
JK Classic was a rumour of people worried that the JL was going to be a fixed roof IFS SUV. There is only 9 months of 2018 JK production, it ends in March.

They can't keep producing the JK without spending money to update it, even just rear camera is required by law by May, not that that's a difficult update, all styling updates and refreshes require money, spending more on the old JK just doesn't offer great ROI.

Also occupying a production line just to make a small run of old JKs for nostalgia and hangers-on doesn't make much sense versus producing the new JT.

The last JK rolls off the Toledo South line in March, then they will retool for the JT, which may be quicker/less of a re-tool than the JL if they can recycle parts of the JK line.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sure you did, got tired of waiting and got a EcoBust? Yeah, you weren't ever in the market for a JT.

What pricing history? For a new model with no history, or for the Wrangler refresh which actually had prices go down TJ to JK? Or are you simply pricing based on the most expensive variant of a model, of wait would that put your F-150 at $60K+, because there is only the Limited trim, right?

Sounds like you're the one with their head up their a$$
Pricing history, is where the new model is ALWAYS MORE than the previous model. But I guess your JK was much cheaper than the TJ. I won't argue with a nitwit that clearly knows more than FIAT on where the pricing will be. If you can get a JT for 30K buy two. You are part of the reason I no longer deal with JK owners.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Pricing history, is where the new model is ALWAYS MORE than the previous model.
Except actual history, but sure if you use alternative facts, just like your BS above, you obviously need to fudge-pack your numbers because reality doesn't support your false narrative.
The introduction of the tinyturbo4 makes it possible for history to repeat itself with a lower base price again for the JL.

But sure whine about expensive vehicles while driving your $70K F-150. :facepalm:

I won't argue with a nitwit that clearly knows more than FIAT on where the pricing will be. If you can get a JT for 30K buy two. You are part of the reason I no longer deal with JK owners.
Awww poor baby, does actually supporting your conspiracy theory FUD hurt your tiny noggin'?
You make claims that are easily dismissed as Turnbull did above clearly pointing out the difference between standard and optional bloat, but you still moan because you got sand in your impeller.

Makes sense you'd move to an EcoBust, it gives you more to whine about, just like its turbo... and... of course that $70,000 pricetag, because... you didn't buy a base model, you got all the bells and whistles, just like your example, right? :wavey:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts