Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Jeep & am a first time owner of a Jeep. When I bought it, the guy I bought it from told me I needed to keep the vent on the hood near the windshield cleaned out or it can leak into the cab if it gets stopped up??? I didn't ask any questions at that time but now realize I should have. Can someone explain what he was talkking about? Also, I;ve seen on Ebay different types of things called vent covers or air scoops that can fit over this.....do I need one?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Leaves and dirt get in the vent and collect in the drain tube. It is located passenger side of the firewall near the center. The shape of the hose doesn't let it always drain solid materials that collect inside. Then it rains and the water can't drain. Look for the hose you will see what I mean.

You don't need anything else. Clean the hose out regularly you will be fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks....when it does get stopped up, where does it usually leak inside the cab of the jeep so I'll know what to look for?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It leaks inside the cab. Doesn't rain here in Vegas so no problems but back east you see it a lot. They fill with leaves and dust. You just grab the bottom of the hose and squeeze it and it will open. It is formed rubber so no big deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts