Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Jeep Unlimited. I particularly like:

Limited Altitude Edition | 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | Jeep

I like the interior aesthetics and the tires it comes with (I'm switching from a C300 to Jeep for snow reasons).

Now my question is... has anyone bought a limited edition? Do they have them at the lots or do you have to order it?

Also any tidbits to warn me about for a new Jeep person?

I know the roots of Jeep and Wrangler's and the off-road history. I'm a city person, but I have an intense lust for snowboarding so I'll take this baby wherever the mountains call.

Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Building of 2012's ended months ago, so if you are talking about this specific Altitude Edition, you're going to have to find one on the lot. In general, limited editions can be had either by special order or buy finding one on a lot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got a Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition and yes they are all on the dealer lots. Best advice is get something that you're happy with as there will be all kinds of opinions on what is best and worst...all Wranglers are very capable offroad vehicles and you should get something that has the features and style you want!

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's a nice looking jeep. Honestly the wrangler has evolved into a well balanced on and off road vehicle, I'm sure you'll love it if you buy it. Good luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

If I wanted a matte black wrangler is the only way to get that via a custom paint job or do they paint it that way by request?

I wish I was in the market for a jeep when they had the winter chill color or artic edition. I love that paint job. :(

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Thanks guys.

If I wanted a matte black wrangler is the only way to get that via a custom paint job or do they paint it that way by request?

I wish I was in the market for a jeep when they had the winter chill color or artic edition. I love that paint job. :(
But... you want a matte black one. (?)

I have the Stone Cold Steve Austin White... which looks just like the Arctic White... which looks pretty much like the Larry Bird White.

Hard to screw up white...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mattle Black or the Winter Chill. That Yeti edition was sick on it's own.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know the roots of Jeep and Wrangler's and the off-road history. I'm a city person, but I have an intense lust for snowboarding so I'll take this baby wherever the mountains call.
Just my opinion, though the Wrangler will work fine on snow mostly, but I would prefer an all-time AWD for snow.
Many here will disagree with me :hide:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'd agree with you. I'm in Los Angeles too man. I'd only be driving up for snow during snowboarding trips.

The thing is, I haven't found one car I like that is AWD and has utility. Subaru's are ugly. And Audi A4 is "nice and luxurious" but meh.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is my style. Nice combo between both.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree with you. I'm in Los Angeles too man. I'd only be driving up for snow during snowboarding trips.

The thing is, I haven't found one car I like that is AWD and has utility. Subaru's are ugly. And Audi A4 is "nice and luxurious" but meh.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is my style. Nice combo between both.
Wrangler's style is unique, so there is no replacement if that's the style you want. The major downside to me so far is the gas milage.

Before I bought the '12 JKU, I had considered a number of other AWD crossovers. I drove my friend's Forester often, solid and good handling but interior and exterior are bland. I like the CX5 but weak engine. I would have got the Evoque if it's 10K cheaper :D. And if not because of finally nailed down on going for better offroad capability, I might have waited for the '13 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD which has well balance of power, gas mileage and utility.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
You're looking at colors and special editions that can't be ordered anymore. If that's what you want, you'll have to try and find it on lots. Altitude and Arctic Editions may be still around, if you don't mind spending a lot of time looking and possibly traveling to get one.

If you want a matte black or any color not offered by Jeep, you will need to get it custom painted after you purchase your Jeep.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I loved Winter Chill as well.....

I'm going with the next closest color....Billet!

I plan on making my own "special edition".

Don't forget that the Moab and 2013 Freedom Editions are available now also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Title

I can't get past ... Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Limited Edition.
Unlimited Limited? or Limited Unlimited? Nothing against those special edition Wranglers. It's just the ironey of it. Or maybe it's just because it's Friday and my brain is toast.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wanted an arctic JKU so bad last year at this time. But it wasn't in the cards then. Waited a year and I've had my JKUR for about 3 weeks now. I love love love my Rubi but everytime I see a local Arctic edition thats around here, my heart does skip a beat.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I feel like you lulu2533. :(

When do the 2013 Limited Editions come out? I don't like MOAB. I want more Artic/High Altitude type outfit rather than Rock Crawling.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Yeah I feel like you lulu2533. :(

When do the 2013 Limited Editions come out? I don't like MOAB. I want more Artic/High Altitude type outfit rather than Rock Crawling.
Go back take another look at the Moab.

It is based on the Sahara like the Arctic and Altitude were....so it does not come with lockers as a standard (rear one is optional), nor e-discos or a 4:1 transfer case. It comes with LSD as a standard. It even has AT tires, which is something the Arctic didn't come with.

It is actually a pretty nice concept, once you get past the limited color selection and mis-matched interior (if you order saddle).

I considered one...but the color choice was just too limited.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts