Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Jeep Wrangler YJ with the inline 6 and me and my dad put a new stereo in and speakers that I got for Christmas and it used to start and run very good before but now it runs weird. After putting the stereo and speakers in I turned it on and tried to back out and it died and then it wouldn't start after that. Then the next day all of the sudden it started and was running good. Anyways it keeps dying or it won't start and I don't know why. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, I'm guessing an electrical problem just don't know what.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I would start by checking your battery connections, make sure they are clean and tight on the posts. Check any ground connections. Any cables attaching to the firewall or engine block. Also the fuses under the steering column by the parking brake have been known to corrode from water damage(mine did and I had to do repairs there).

·
Super Moderator
13,331 Posts
Welcome to the Forum evansoto777,

Try undoing your radio connections and see what happens. You may have something hooked up improperly. If that fixes the problem, redo the installation.
If disconnecting the installation doesn't fix the problem, repost for more advice.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts