Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm in the process of purchasing a jeep tj i prefer the 97 and up models and have looked at a few. I have never owned or really been around to many jeeps so not sure what to be looking for. So if you could give me some info on what to be looking out for I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Check around the frame for rust. If you want more power, get a 6cyl 4.0 not the 4cyl 2.5. Take your time. It's also a good idea to bring a cert. mechanic or Jeep friend (which I'm sure you could do on the local forums) when checking one out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes check the frame for rust especially near the rear spring buckets / upper control arm brackets on the TJ's. what ate your plans for the Jeep, daily driver or weekend wheeler?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6 cylinder is the motor I will be wanting I've had other vehicles with 4 cyl and are deffinetly under powered not that I need a lot of power ad this will not be a daily driver just a weekend warrior but nice to have the extra horses thanks for your replies I will Be more to the wise next time I go look

1 - 4 of 4 Posts