Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sounds like you may have a pressure leak. When hot the coolant is forced out at the spot of the leak and the hot radiator burns it off. This is a common problem as well but different that the one in the lawsuit.

I have the same problem you do and will be taking my 2015 JKU in for repair in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have the same issue, but nothing Jeep can do about it.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Sounds like you may have a pressure leak. When hot the coolant is forced out at the spot of the leak and the hot radiator burns it off. This is a common problem as well but different that the one in the lawsuit.
Such might be solved with simply a new, good quality, radiator cap.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I had the coolant odor on my 2014 about 6 months ago and had to have my radiator replaced. it was covered under my extended bumper to bumper at the cost of $100 deductible. It is a well known problem. it is such a small leak it can go undetected. It usually manifests at the bottom on the left side where the crimps are.

Reactions: SOCALGAL

·
Registered
801 Posts
Such might be solved with simply a new, good quality, radiator cap.
I wish it was that simple but I can see where the coolant is being forced out and burning off

Reactions: CTarna

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Think this class action is for plugged radiators from defective cylinder head sand castings, not simply leaking radiators which of course seems to be a problem most dealers are acknowledging. My 15 JK with 20K is on its third radiator, typical leaking at the aluminum to plastic can seal.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I wish it was that simple but I can see where the coolant is being forced out and burning off
I was thinking that the leak you're seeing would go away, if the overall pressure in the system was brought down to a reasonable level (if that is indeed the fault).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts