Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a few questions. been wanting a jeep since i was young and finally got the $$$ to buy one :punk: so i have a few questions. it is a 00 Sport 4.0 5spd has 109k miles i bought it and it already has a lift and aftermarket wheels and what looks like 31in tires :dance:. has aftermarket shocks but has quite a bit of body roll i believe it is only a 2in body lift. any ideas on what is better? a little coil lift and a little body lift? just susp. lift? or the body lift? and what is the advantages of each setup. i like the height of my jeep dont want it too much higher but would like to get some constructive criticism. thanks in advance pics will be up soon

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
1.25" body lift is the max that I would go. The suspension gets more expensive the taller you go with the additional parts needed to run safely and vibe free. Most people do the combination of coil and body lift to avoid the use of the sye and new driveshafts.
Make sure that your front sway bar is connected

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im pondering over taking the 2" body lift off and going with a 2" susp lift. and maybe 1" body. how much will that effect the driving? this is by far the best driving jeep i test drove. and probably because all of them were lifted but they were suspension and this is a body lift. i am not going to be primary off roading and rock climbing or really need the ground clearance, just like the lifted agressive look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts