Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the mom's driving jeeps fad gonna end?
It's embarrassing to pass a jeep every mile.
You can't honestly make me believe the fairer sex actually enjoys driving these unruly beasts.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I can't imagine a soccer mom would enjoy hauling kids around in a jeep....they also never return a jeep wave ��

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree. So many jeeps that pass I give them the old salute/wave and most women look at me funny. They have no idea the history behind jeep or what they are driving.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
When is the mom's driving jeeps fad gonna end?
It's embarrassing to pass a jeep every mile.
You can't honestly make me believe the fairer sex actually enjoys driving these unruly beasts.
You are a good baiter....
I'd say, "You bait better than most here."

Maybe you could ask the Mods here to change your screen name to the, Master-Baiter" what do you think Joe?:winner:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I look at it this way. The more moms there are that buy jeeps, the more vehicles Jeep sells. And more of their kids will buy jeeps, too. The more vehicles a manufacturer sells, the longer they stay in business making parts and new jeeps for me.

Ask a Saturn owner what happens when a manufacturer goes out of business.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have wondered that, too. They aren't the most comfortable on road. Obviously made to be good off road, but not so much on road. And you have to buy the top of the line with every option just to get what every Hyundai comes standard with now days. I remember when everyone drove a Tahoe. It'll pass.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I look at it this way. The more moms there are that buy jeeps, the more vehicles Jeep sells. And more of their kids will buy jeeps, too. The more vehicles a manufacturer sells, the longer they stay in business making parts and new jeeps for me.

Ask a Saturn owner what happens when a manufacturer goes out of business.
This is true....but when more soccer moms buy them and less 'Jeepers' than I worry that the wrangler will slowly turn into the Renegade

·
Retired Moderator
100,608 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
When is the mom's driving jeeps fad gonna end? It's embarrassing to pass a jeep every mile. You can't honestly make me believe the fairer sex actually enjoys driving these unruly beasts.
I don't think I need to make you believe... And I t doesn't matter to me if you believe. But indeed my wife likes driving her Jeep. So if you don't believe, you are simply wrong. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
JKU rides too well, is too functional and comes in many colors. Bring back the short wheelbase, leaf springs, manual steering, and lose the power brakes...then buy 3 of them because they won't last long.

All of these babied grocery getters will be great used rigs that will be cheaper and unscathed.

Want to be different? Want a "true" Jeep? I got a 78 cj5 base with no doors, top, no ps, no pb, and no back seat that I can let go for the right price. No moms driving anything like it. Did pull a Chevy 1-ton out of a bog this weekend though.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Cool. Haven't put a thread on Ignore in a couple days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the negative to it is the overwhelming amount of trade ins and Fiat pushing stupid features that appeal to that crowd. I live really close to dealership-row and I'm seeing jeeps at the front of every lot. No way a legit Jeep guy/gal trades in for a scion or Kia..yet they've got a dozen JKs in the grass. Wouldn't be a big deal but the trade value Wrangler has held on to for such a long time will see a serious drop with the surging sales numbers. Those reasons and of course the not waving trend they've set as well as horrific driving habits you never used to see.

Now the positive of a million JKs? Ever owned a Cherokee? Scrap parts for these things are gonna be EVERYWHERE in a few years :) And yeah Ohio stays in business..

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Don't be a hater, Just think of all the great, unmolested, mall crawlers that will be available in a few years after the leases run out. Talk about a gold mine! Most will have never even seen 4WD.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I certainly wouldn't limit it to women. Men are guilty of it too. But I also find it hard to believe anyone can own one and NOT enjoy it even on road. There's just no replacing the fun factor.

Don't be a hater, Just think of all the great, unmolested, mall crawlers that will be available in a few years after the leases run out. Talk about a gold mine! Most will have never even seen 4WD.
Haha. Exactly!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.