Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All....lets share information on our Jeeps, trails and experiences we have had in Southern Africa or further north so as to assist the would be Jeep overlanders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Roadworthy Engine number

anybody assist me with getting the authorities to accept the last 8 digits of my VIN number as my Engine number. Or Maybe you can help me locate the Engine number on a JEEP Grand Cherokee CRD Overlander 3.0 2009 model? Must just add I am from Cape Town South Africa and registering at Durbanville vehicle test station.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can expect to get about 14l/100km if you drive it decently... Traffic is a bit of a pain on consumption but I have had it sitting at 10l/100km on the open road.
I agree with you Sir on 14l/100km. I actually drive a 2012 JKUr, 2" OME lifted running 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs on 17" Sidebiters; ARB Front Bumper with TMax synthetic rope winch; and rear Mopar Bumper.

Driving decently @ 100 - 120km/h at coastal highways here in SA that is what I achieve currently. I remember at some point my on board read 12.9 (was so impressed I took a pic). But going up the N6 from EL to Aliwal North at same speed I ended up at 17.5l/100km.

Combined urban/highway gives me 17-18.5l/100km and I love it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts