Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading/hearing a lot of comments, (not here of course), along the lines of "Jeeps are for girls, a man drives a . . .(Insert vehicle here - usually a truck of some sort)" Is this a new thing? Or fairly common? For me, I had always considered the Jeep's military heritage and thus, it was a "manly" vehicle in my eyes. Maybe that had something to do with me having been in the Army. Clothes don't make the man, and certainly what someone drives has nothing to do with their masculinity or femininity or anything else, so I don't want this to become a debate on whether or not a man or woman should own a Jeep. Do what you want - regardless of how the world sees you. It's your money. However, I was just curious: Is owning a Jeep being considered more of a girl thing? One of the main reasons cited for "Jeeps Are For girls" is how small it is and that girls like to "sit up high".

·
Registered
14 Posts
It may be a regional thing. I live on the east coast of Canada, and Jeeps are everywhere here, driven by young and old. Out west though, it seems like you have mentioned, manly men drive trucks.

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
My wife and my sister in-law both drive a Jeep. So maybe girls do like them. They are also very popular with lesbians around here, but to my knowledge neither my wife nor my sister in-law is a lesbian......
I think some guys like Jeeps as well, but who knows about them.....

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Trucks? (IMO), they're for sissies and men-wanna be's. I drive one during the day but it's not my choice!
Sports and muscle cars? Useless. I mean they sure look pretty but that's about all they can do. Use the horsepower and you'll get a ticket.

The jeep on the other hand is a wonderful thing. It can look pretty and elegant for women, or can be made to look masculine for men. It's as universal as a vehicle can possibly be, in many more ways than one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here in Louisiana, I have started to notice that it is mostly females, imo. Probably 60/40 or more.

·
Super Moderator
22,438 Posts
I definitely would say jeeps are for girls. No doubt about it. Nothing hotter than a woman in a jeep and my wife asks me why are all the ladies driving jeeps waving at my ugly ass and I say because girls dig jeeps LOL.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Let's see.....chicks dig Jeeps....I drive a Jeep....therefore.......

One can always dream.

By Jeep I assume we mean the Wrangler specifically? I see lots of Wranglers in high school parking lots. Maybe they're a kids car?

If the Wrangler is high school cool and chicks dig it then I only wish I had bought one years ago.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I bought my '16 Wrangler about the same time a buddy bought a '16 Buick Enclave.

When we were comparing vehicles, he commented "Don't girls drive those". I looked at his Buick and replied "Don't blue haired old ladies drive those".

There are market research stats kept on ownership. For the 2007 to 2013 models, 72% of the owners were men and 28% were women, so roughly one in three Wranglers is owned by a female. (I imagine 2013 to 2017 is similar).

Here are some stats for 2007-2013: https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2012/10/3-things-you-didnt-know-about-2007-2013-jeep-wrangler-owners/

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had one person tell me a jeep is a girl's car. That person is the most ignorant and most out of touch person in my whole family. No kidding. I just laughed it off, chalking it up to him being an idiot. You can usually tell quite a bit about a Jeeps owner with a quick glance at it. All kinds of people drive Jeeps. They are practical, capable, convertible, and customizable. Literally, to each their own. Anyone who waves back is ok in my book.

·
Registered
504 Posts
you got the wrong Jeep...this is the "girlie" jeep that all the women drive around here.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been told that specifically a white wrangler is a "Barbie" car and therefore a girls car. This from my wife and children after I bought my white Willy's JKU.

I think they are just busting my chops?

Just in case I am going to get new bumpers, more lights, a winch, 42" tires, a 6" lift, and an air horn. Never saw Barbie with that...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been told that specifically a white wrangler is a "Barbie" car and therefore a girls car. This from my wife and children after I bought my white Willy's JKU.

I think they are just busting my chops?

Just in case I am going to get new bumpers, more lights, a winch, 42" tires, a 6" lift, and an air horn. Never saw Barbie with that...
Come to think of it, Daisy Duke has a white Wrangler also. Hmmm....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Every "cool" vehicle goes through this "soccer mom stage" we had that with Hummers in yearly 2000s, then they moved on to Escalades. I guess now it's a JK turn. I think TJ was last Jeep going through it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's what everyone said about Martina Navratilova Subaru's... Subaru had to hire Crocodile Dundee to get real men to buy them ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think the soccer mom thing mostly applies to the 4-door Jeeps around here. I only see 1 lady driving a 2-door Jeep around here, a TJ.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just like them, I've never considered anything beyond that. Even if it were a woman's vehicle I don't define my masculinity as the rejection of all things feminine and I would still love my 2dr Willy. I didn't buy it to make myself feel tough or whatever. But to answer your question I have no idea; everyone seems to have a different opinion about my Jeep and outside of this forum l haven't really listened to any of them.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts