Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of racing would you like to see our jeeps in. Like drag racing and so on . Just want to see what y'all think and what to say

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
ice racing and uphill climbs

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
this is what happens when Jeeps race
Pass Time: 1986 CJ7 645hp Jeep flips on track - YouTube

Me, I'd rather see race cars race and Jeeps do what they do best. I have a friend that has a built up YJ with a 350 smallblock in it that he claims turns good 1/4 mile runs but he never takes it offroad. He had to get hotrod tags because it wouldn't pass emissions.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
this is what happens when Jeeps race
Pass Time: 1986 CJ7 645hp Jeep flips on track - YouTube

Me, I'd rather see race cars race and Jeeps do what they do best. I have a friend that has a built up YJ with a 350 smallblock in it that he claims turns good 1/4 mile runs but he never takes it offroad. He had to get hotrod tags because it wouldn't pass emissions.
his problem was that he had it lifted and running on skinny a$$ tires, he had it comin imo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just trying to figure out what a lot of guy or girls would love to see a jeep in I'd like to see a jeep with a stretched wheelbase low going down a strip so

·
Registered
661 Posts
Lol racing jeeps is like racing 18 wheelers... the only thrill you get is having the peddle on the floor and only able to do 65 MPH

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Dumba$$ I've been in the bracket race seen as well with various cars, that was just painful to watch. Definitely the wrong suspension setup for drag racing, regardless of the vehicle.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Mud Bog :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love mud bogs but I have a drag strip right down the road for me wish there was a hill and the hole mud racing around national trails raceway

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
That was just awesome.

I agree with mud bog as well Knight, if your gonna race a Jeep with a big engine in it, BOG IT!!!! :thumb:
when I had my XJ I ran 2 mud bog stock class races.. Classes were based on tires size not engine size.. My two trophies are collecting dust on my dresser :D

I always kind of looked at a mud bog as a drag strip but filled with fun :D

·
Registered
661 Posts

Lol your talkin about a whole diffrent monster there.. thats pretty much the same thing as a ford F550 on crack.. its only got a single drive axel insted of tandum axel's and Its only got a super single tire setup on the back f it.. the body of that truck is the same thing i used to drive though.. I had a 2011 freightliner cascadia.. wasn't a bad truck but i liked my international much better..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess I'm just a guy with a dream and will never happen these days

1 - 20 of 34 Posts