Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The usual Jeeptober will be on October 3rd. Be prepared for anything and any weather. Trips will be as follows:

Chinaman's Gulch. This is a hard trail with several obstacles and some bypasses. I recommend 35" tires wheat least 1 locker. This trail has changed and is getting harder.

Fourmile to Bald Mountain. This is a trail for all levels of Jeeps. It is scenic with a few areas of 4 wheel drive needed.

Now for the bad news, I am unable to participate this year. I have a bum knee that won't let me drive. I even had to cancel our vacation to Moab.

This means we will need trail leaders for all trips. Let us know what you think?

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Count me in for Chinamans. Might try to camp again this year in the 4mile area

·
Registered
2006 LJ
236 Posts
Small group at this rate! My neighbor Jason is going to try and make it. He hasn't had a Saturday off all summer. So he hasn't gotten his jeep out at all this year

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Where’s the meetup for Chinaman? I might be in.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Gunsmoke truck stop in Johnson's Village. You will be leaving to hit the trail by 10:00

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The Gunsmoke truck stop in Johnson's Village. You will be leaving to hit the trail by 10:00

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sweet. We’re in the Chalk Creek campground that weekend.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I'm In! Chinaman

Reactions: jjvw

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been given the green light schedule wise. I got a nasty front end shake around 40 mph after my last tire rotation. I assumed there was some uneven wear on the tires that would work itself out but that hasn't happened. Going to check torque on everything and rotate the tires 180 this week. If that doesn't do it I'll get them balanced. If that doesn't do it I may sit this one out. Will confirm next week.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I'm out. Damn work. Silver lining though is that I will be back in the Ouray area. Rocks are more fun than dirt roads though:(

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
The set of Patagonias I got this spring tore and wore down in well under 10k miles. Awful tires. I had some MTRs put on a couple days ago.
20200929_171959.jpg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts