Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has begun.Any tips,comments,questions or remarks are very much appreciated as I have learned a lot from you all and would welcome any advice!

We are starting with a stock 2012 Jeep JK 2-door Sport manual just hit 38 thousand miles yesterday.

Some of the minor mods are the following.Which was done over a period of time.

- Stubby black radio antenna
- LED Stealth tail lights
- Quadratec headlights
- Tinted windows
- Badges removed
- Angry Bird grill
- Locking gas cap

Some of the major mods which I recently had done by a great shop near me are the following.

-2.5 teraflex lift with rancho 9000 shocks.
-35' Nitto trail (28 psi)
-17 inch Level 8's

Rides a lot better then I thought it would with out re-gearing (next mod). Very smooth and quite ride considering the size of the tires and that they are trails. MPG took a hit right off the bat as to be expected.

Next mod phase will be the following.

- 1.5' wheel spacers for a wider stance
- Synergy Front track bar
- Front brake line drop brackets
- Exhaust (?)
- Re-Gear
-Teraflex HD tire carrier

Before

After

(bow tie is optional)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What kind of attachment? is that at the top of the grill?
It is a new grill I took off my old grill and bought a Angry Bird grill from Amazon. Link below.

Price is almost half of what other makers charge.It shipped directly from China with no dings or scratches and has great reviews on Amazon.Was a little tight fit but is well made and fits like a glove.Took about 3 minutes for install and is a definite head turner as no other Jeeps in my area have the grill.

Amazon.com: Front Matte Black Angry Bird Grille Grid Grill for Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sahara Jk 2007-2014: Automotive

Another front shot with grill.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Looks really great. I noticed you installed a Tera Flex 2.5, and on your list of things to get soon you mentioned break line drop brackets. I always thought that lift came with the drop-relocation brackets. I know mine did. Anyway, that is a great setup and with those shocks, its way better than stock. Your grill is SICK' :thumb:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks all. I will check on it once I get back.May have to call customer service.

Quick update on the next phase.I sold one of my rifles that I barely shot and felt I was doing a disservice by keeping her.

So I sold my Yugoslavian M-76 rifle.

Will commence phase 2 with the following.

Phase 2

http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS6250B-Control-correction-Bracket/dp/B00E3ST5QA?tag=viglink20266-20

Side shot

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

AEV ProCal Module came in yesterday. Took me longer to un-box it then to set all my settings in and install them into the Jeep. Was rather skeptical how easy it was using the quick reference guide.

Set my TPMS at 28-22 PSI on the Procal.Drove for a few minutes and finally the light sensor went off.

Measured my tires out to 34.75 once again set it in the Procal and my Jeep drove TOTALLY different. Could not believe how different it felt. Not nearly as sluggish as before. Best investment ever. Highly recommended.

The rest of my parts came in and will be installed on Tuesday. Pics to follow.

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
Update

AEV ProCal Module came in yesterday. Took me longer to un-box it then to set all my settings in and install them into the Jeep. Was rather skeptical how easy it was using the quick reference guide.

Set my TPMS at 28-22 PSI on the Procal.Drove for a few minutes and finally the light sensor went off.

Measured my tires out to 34.75 once again set it in the Procal and my Jeep drove TOTALLY different. Could not believe how different it felt. Not nearly as sluggish as before. Best investment ever. Highly recommended.

The rest of my parts came in and will be installed on Tuesday. Pics to follow.
:thumb:

·
Banned
729 Posts
Looks good....my tip would be to either chop your fenders...or get some flattys. I think that would compliment what you have done so far and make your jeep look even better. I have bushwacker flats and wish I would have chopped my stockers first. Most that I See chopped look pretty good....and that frees up at least another 7 bills.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good....my tip would be to either chop your fenders...or get some flattys. I think that would compliment what you have done so far and make your jeep look even better. I have bushwacker flats and wish I would have chopped my stockers first. Most that I See chopped look pretty good....and that frees up at least another 7 bills.
Literally was just researching just that. Once the wallet recovers I was getting rear bumpers,fenders and some engine upgrades.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great looking Jeep. I like the black on Deep Dark Cherry look your grill and wheel combo set off. Did you paint the grill after you got it or just leave it untouched?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts