Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the panels from JeeTops?
Gallery

I'm currently running a soft top but am looking into buying a hardtop and these panels look great for the winter days when it's too cold to have your top off.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Has anyone bought the panels from JeeTops?
Gallery

I'm currently running a soft top but am looking into buying a hardtop and these panels look great for the winter days when it's too cold to have your top off.
I've seen em, but don't know anybody who runs em. Tried a couple of the "where to buy" links on their site, but couldn't find prices.

Which would worry me, if I was interested in buying them.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Found the price (from last year), and all I can say is: :eek:

thanks for the input. I agree too, they want us to have a retail price of $1295.00

I think that is way out of the ball park considering they are not replacements, they take your current panels and put in the glass.

They asked me if we wanted to be a preferred dealer, I politely declined.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The concept is interesting. However the high cost and fact there is very little information around the forums would concern me. They have a 5 yr / 50,000 mile warranty but who is to say this company will be around very long?

There is a $640 core charge that is added to the cost of the product...you have to ship back your OEM panels!!

So up front you are shelling out $1,835 and hope that your panels make it there safely and they actually send you the $640 credit.

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The concept is interesting. However the high cost and fact there is very little information around the forums would concern me. They have a 5 yr / 50,000 mile warranty but who is to say this company will be around very long?

There is a $640 core charge that is added to the cost of the product...you have to ship back your OEM panels!!

So up front you are shelling out $1,835 and hope that your panels make it there safely and they actually send you the $640 credit.

:popcorn:
I think that calls for two of these: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
love my JeeTops

I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to respond in case people are still looking.
I've had my JeeTop Freedom Panels for 6 months, and LOVE them. Not kidding. I've seen the negative posts on the web, but I haven't had a single issue. No cracks, no leaks, nothing but enjoyment. Here in the Seattle area we have a lot of dark, cloudy and rainy days. Any additional daylight I can get in helps. I am hoping to have the main hardtop modified in the next few months, I enjoy them that much.
IF the photo attaches, it's one I took at a traffic light a couple months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
So you are shelling out about 1k to be able to look up through the panels and risking leaking, warping etc of the freedom panels? I'll pass. Just take them off if you want to gaze at the stars.

·
Commercial Member
125 Posts
If your looking for a lower cost, similar, do it your self solution, JKSkylights.com has a freedom panel skylight kit for $399.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
So you are shelling out about 1k to be able to look up through the panels and risking leaking, warping etc of the freedom panels? I'll pass. Just take them off if you want to gaze at the stars.
True that. It takes about 20 seconds to remove a panel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts