Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 JK Sport manual transmission 46K miles. Bought it brand new from dealer...felt a few slips so took for a service and asked them to check transmission fluid (I read somewhere that it should be changed within first 50K). No issues for last 400-500 miles until today....the slipping has changed to jerking. Has happened in 5th and 6th gear. Powertrain warranty expired 2 weeks ago....any guidance appreciated

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Compared to automatics, manual transmissions are pretty simple. The input shaft gear (from the motor) connects to the output shaft gears (to the drive shaft). The only thing that can 'slip' is the clutch which connects the motor to the input shaft.

I'm wondering if the 'jerking' isn't cause by a misfire? Do you have a trouble light on the dash lit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also started to think that is possibly just a miss....no lights on dash. Has only happened in 5th and 6th gear

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was still under the powertrain warranty when it was serviced a week and a half ago....maybe the dealer will show me some mercy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts