Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Jerry can/mount that will fit inside the two stock bumber pieces that are next to the tire on my YJ? I just bought it and a custom bumper isnt in the budget right now. Or if someone could reccomend a mount that doesnt require a custom bumber?

Thanks, Dave

P.S. The Jeep pictured is from google, its not mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Those are called bumperettes and came with most all stock bumpers. No there isn't that I know of a gas can mount for those.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That would be cool but if you ever get rear ended with them full... you will be asking for trouble.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Rear end me and you get the same thing we just add a spare tire for some long time smoke after the fireball. They may be a little higher up but same effect. Maybe not.

However the bumperettes come off easy like the rear bumper and you can get a welding class to fab something up or a friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I moved my spare inside (when im not running my subs), and mounted these to the rear door...
2- 3 gallon Rotopax with locking packmount on a custom mounting plate (re-purposed cut up Suburban gas tank skid plate).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts