Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about making some mounts for two jerry cans in the back of my jeep. . . has anyone made any custom mounts like this? Photos a plus ;)

I will let you all see when I'm finished

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice!

·
Registered
535 Posts
There are not many good off the shelf / bolt on solutions. I went with RotoPax and custom mounts welded to my swing out.

What is that black "can"? Tool/storage box?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Rotopax are cool, but I'm not sold on the idea of over $55 , plus the cost of brackets, $25,, for only 1.75 gallons of storage. that's $400 for 8.75 gallons.. I'm hauling 15 extra for way less... Then again I have been accused of being a cheapskate from time to time ;)

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
The Blitz metal cans maybe hard to even find. They filed bankruptcy (chapter 11) last year and had to reorganize. I dunno if the reorganization has happened yet. They had to file due to lawsuits and loosing. Yup catch yourself on fire using one of their gas containers and be the next millionaire.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sccafire said:
The Blitz metal cans maybe hard to even find. They filed bankruptcy (chapter 11) last year and had to reorganize. I dunno if the reorganization has happened yet. They had to file due to lawsuits and loosing. Yup catch yourself on fire using one of their gas containers and be the next millionaire.
I got them all used, decades ago,,, ya gotta be smarter than the can, millions of GIs were.. ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
The black box is a tool box for basic recovery gear and the tire carrier is a Rancho with custom RotoPax mounts. They are very expensive as noted, but the fitment is perfect and looks cleaner than anything else I have seen on the market. I originally wanted something that would hold 10 gallons of fuel and 5 gallons of water, but that really would have been overkill and way too heavy for what I was doing. I spent two weeks in Ouray this summer and luckily did not need any extra fuel, but did end up upgrading my rear shocks to OME 996 (250lb/in). You can see how much I was squatting with fully loaded with gear camping gear.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The black box is a tool box for basic recovery gear and the tire carrier is a Rancho with custom RotoPax mounts. They are very expensive as noted, but the fitment is perfect and looks cleaner than anything else I have seen on the market. I originally wanted something that would hold 10 gallons of fuel and 5 gallons of water, but that really would have been overkill and way too heavy for what I was doing. I spent two weeks in Ouray this summer and luckily did not need any extra fuel, but did end up upgrading my rear shocks to OME 996 (250lb/in). You can see how much I was squatting with fully loaded with gear camping gear.

I really like your jeep

1 - 14 of 14 Posts