Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tightened everything under the sun...uh...I mean front of the Jeep. Took it and had it aligned and balanced. 2003 TJ w/4" lift. The caster was 3.7 so they set it to 6.4. The tow was close but they set it to .15. It still has the little shake around 40 mph, but I've tried hard to find a bump to get it doin' the DW and I got it to do it once, it was weak and went away quickly, (no brakes needed) Do you think thats as good as it'll get, or maybe still an issue? Thanks
P.S. It has a drop pitman arm. (I have lost the OE one)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,494 Posts
Make sure the lower mounting bolt for your trackbar is TIGHT (55 ft-lbs 2002 and older, 45 ft-lbs 2003 and newer), that its bushing is still good. Are you sure the tires are perfectly balanced? Some tire balancing guys say "that's good enough" when they're not perfect but for a lifted Jeep, they must be perfectly balanced.

Also, if you are still running the OE steering stabilizer, replace it with an aftermarket steering stabilizer like a Rancho, OME, etc. The OE stabilizer is just too small to be effective with big tires.

You might also jack up the front of your TJ and see if you can move the front wheels around. Could be a bad unit bearing hub, bad ball joints, etc.

Just a few ideas, HTH. :)

P.S. Find another OE Pitman arm and install it. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trac bar is tight, no movement. Got a skyjacker streeing stabilizer. Gonna jack it next to check the rest. (Damn, I'm a poet and didn't even find out!) I'll look into a pitman too. Thanks. (He said he had the tires "perfect") we'll see.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,494 Posts
No movement of the trackbar as determined by just pushing/pulling on it with your hands isn't enough. It could feel tight but still not be tight enough. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts