Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always inteded on making a build thread, I just happened to start it about 3 years late. Gonna be alot of pictures. The Jeep is a daily driver; no big, major, hard core mods. Nothing that will put it out of commision for more than a day or 2. I do not wheel it much or hard at all. Back in 2012 I got a super clean, rust free, bone stock 2004 rubicon. The thing had literealy not a spec of dirt on the undercarrage. First thing was to get rid of the milk jugs.

The little street tires were not going to cut it. I ended up getting 33-12.5 dura tracks and ran them with a 2" BB for a while, they rubbed a little. Also bought a junk procomp rear bumper so I had a reciever to pull a trailer.

After a while i wasn't happy with how close the flares were to the tires, so I fixed that. Cut and bed lined the stock rubicon flares. This came out really good IMO.. and added a set of KCs.

Sitting on the stock bumpstops with 33s, 2" bb, and cut flares

I ended up selling the procomp bumper on craigslist and building a bumper with a tire carrier. Got some cool 3rd brake lights for a couple bucks at a local trailer store too

Made a front bumper too

Ebay led light bar

It stayed like that for a long time. About a year later I got the RC x treme 4" lift with all adjustable controll arms. I also ordered an Adams CV style drive shaft to get rid of the driveline vibes. I was/am very happy with the lift.

The best $30 thing I did to the jeep were these lights. Backing up at night is like daytime.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Soon after I bought GenRight aluminum front fenders. My stock one got smashed in a fender bender.Bought the aluminum so I could hold out on the paint untill I had a nice day to do it.

I found a good deal on a pair of truck light LEDs. so needless to say...

It finaly got warm enough to paint my front fenders so I took advantage of the weather.
Primer

Color Coat

Clear Coat and wet sanded/buffed. Very happy with the results.

And thats basicaly where it is at currently.Aside from a couple little things I missed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts