Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about it. Found it for 230 bucks, is it worth it, or waste of money?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
is it that chip thing! i guess you could try it but i would go for gears instead...it will help way more than that!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My experience with chips like this is that you've got to have a high flow intake and exhaust to gain anything.
If you go and tell the ECU to use more fuel and air to increase HP, it needs to be able to get more air to the cylinders...and move the exhaust gasses out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the stage 2 on my 03 TJ. I think it helps with acceleration. I like it and believe it is worth it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
Such chips ONLY help when at WOT (wide open throttle) and at really high engine RPMs, plus they usually require you run high octane gas afterwards to avoid pinging.

If this were a Corvette forum I'd say go for it but for Jeeps, they don't help in the way Jeeps are normally driven. I'd put that $$$ towards something that will be more useful, unless you plan to run your Jeep at the dragstrip. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since my jeep probably could run about a 25 second 1/4, i'll probably stay away from the strip. Thanks for the info though, probably going to stay away from it, which is what i was thinking anyways. Just gonna go with the gears. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts