Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got my 2011 Wrangler a few days ago, and being a parent, my first order of business is getting some good, waterproof seat covers :p Yes, kids can be messier than off-roading.

I was on Quadratec's site and they list most of their covers for JK as 07-10... do you know if there's a difference with the '11? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Hi all,

Just got my 2011 Wrangler a few days ago, and being a parent, my first order of business is getting some good, waterproof seat covers :p Yes, kids can be messier than off-roading.

I was on Quadratec's site and they list most of their covers for JK as 07-10... do you know if there's a difference with the '11? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know they didn't change the seats, but I am not positive. A lot of stuff that says 07-10 WILL work on the 11 because they are the same in many ways, but a few things have changed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had this same problem with my floor matts, call the dealer and ask them and if they dont know have them find out for you, you just bought a jeep from them make them work a little more lol

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
The only way the kids would be messy is if you allowed them to have something that could become messy while they're in the Jeep.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have side airbags? a lot of the seat covers won't work with the airbags.
I do not have side airbags.

Marathonseatcovers.com waterproof and custom pricey but nice
A little bit more pricey but I'll check 'em out. Thanks.

The only way the kids would be messy is if you allowed them to have something that could become messy while they're in the Jeep.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
A lot of products just haven't updated their years yet. Give Quad a call and ask about the seat covers; the phone rep may have a better answer than their product database.

I'm not sure of the answer, because we don't make seat covers for JK's at all yet.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Not true. My two toddlers (about to be three) can spontaneously create astonishing messes given nothing but the air around them and less than 10 seconds. Where fluid is not allowed, it can be smuggled. Where it doesn't exist, it can be . . . manufactured. They're like the MacGyver of mess making. I can sympathize with the OP.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Not true. My two toddlers (about to be three) can spontaneously create astonishing messes given nothing but the air around them and less than 10 seconds. Where fluid is not allowed, it can be smuggled. Where it doesn't exist, it can be . . . manufactured. They're like the MacGyver of mess making. I can sympathize with the OP.
One of those metal wire cages for the rear of the Jeep should help contain the mess. Maybe put a rubber liner underneath it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jkw said:
Marathonseatcovers.com waterproof and custom pricey but nice
Seatglovers also make a set of neoprene "waterproof" seat covers with airbags. I just installed them on mine. Check e-bay, they constantly have auctions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i thought someone on the forum sales seat covers...maybe infernogirl...maybe you could ask her...
also if you are thinking neoprene, i have seen a few post complaining they hold moisture

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
i thought someone on the forum sales seat covers...maybe infernogirl...maybe you could ask her...
also if you are thinking neoprene, i have seen a few post complaining they hold moisture
She's the one!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the responses! I ordered seatglovers, as they were selling the whole set on clearance for $199 (black). I also used a promo code for free shipping (FREESHIP), so a good deal all around.

I'll update this thread with my impressions when they arrive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's the scoop...I had a 08 4 dr, had the neoprene seat covers on it and they were great! Lease ran out and I just bought a 4 dr. 2011 Sahara in Tan. Got the new Jeep in October and have been searching for seat covers. Quadratec said the 07-10 covers would wok--NOT TRUE! When I received them I could not get the headrest cover on, but it seams that the seat portion was OK. Sent them back and talked to customer service about it. Apparently, w/ the new interior design on the 11 the seats have changed. Do NOT order any covers for your 11, they are not compatable yet. Quadratec says the Coverking is working on the new pattern but does not know when it will be completed. I do know that Marathon seat covers can make them, very expensive. Also Wet Okole says they will have the 11 design by late Jan. Maybe early Feb. Very expensive, too! Be sure you contact any manufacturer before you order to see if they are new 11 design because they are different!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts