Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently, I have noticed that when i start my JK it makes a weird noise before start up. Kinda like a fart. Anybody have experienced this ?

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Yes there was a thread on this a while back. It mostly happens when the Jeep has sat a while or if you start it with the a/c on. I determined it is the belt vibrating or grabbing when there is a load on it like the a/c. Just a theory though and I have experimented with it starting with a/c on and off. but it only happens when the Jeep sits overnight in my case. I cannot duplicate it after the initial startup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get the same sound pretty much when I start it up in the morning. i have a feeling maybe since it's been cold lately I may need a block heater?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't start mine for weeks sometimes, but never heard that noise. OTOH - it doesn’t really get all that cold here.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Only "weird" sounds during cold weather start-up are if one of the neighborhood cats has crawled into the engine bay during the nght to keep warm...........THAT does sound different!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got it this morning too. Started it with the heat on after it sat for 24 hours. 9 degrees F this morning too.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I do not think it has anything to do with extreme cold. Rare 50 degree temps here. It has to do with sitting overnight. Does not happen all the time but mostly when I start it with a/c on. I am almost certain it is the belt either vibrating or dragging. Need to get somebody to look under the hood when you start it. I do not have anybody to help as of yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts