Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was a little side project my brother and I decided to work on. Something fun for the Jeep that gives it a little more neck breakers for passing drivers and pedestrians. (I know the purists will probably dislike this but its my jeep :) )

Here is the what it looks like at night, followed by what it looks like with some light. I will throw a picture of this when it is daylight at another time.

The Halos were purchased from https://www.automotivelightstore.com/ and instillation took about 1.5 hours of actual work and 6 hours of total time due to time needed to reseal headlights for hardening of Epoxy and Silicone used.

If there are any questions feel free to post.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn, nice work.. i want em! haha

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Something fun for the Jeep that gives it a little more neck breakers for passing drivers and pedestrians. (I know the purists will probably dislike this but its my jeep.
For show purposes and offroad use only, right?

I mean, you know that they're not legal, not in the least...

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Wasn't this same mess posted a few days ago?

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
daggo66 said:
Wasn't this same mess posted a few days ago?
I was thinking yes. Too lazy to search right now.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
I was thinking yes. Too lazy to search right now.
You won't find it because it was locked. Interestingly he reposted it practically word for word.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
daggo66 said:
You won't find it because it was locked. Interestingly he reposted it practically word for word.
Interesting. I don't see threads getting locked very often.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Look at all the. Glare off the lights :eek:

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
As Cpt. Kirk would say; it's a Dunzel. Part of a Star Ship that serves no useful purpose. But, if you like it whatever.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is it my iPad or are they green? To each his own....but since you're asking for opinions on a public forum....nope. BMW does it best-and it should stay on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to clarify that these are not green Headlights, they are halos that fit outer part of the inside headlight lamp. I have full use of my stock headlights and fog lights. They are mainly for daytime use and also when I am parked at night at a restaurant, I leave them running, as LEDs do not take much battery power. So they are very legal as I have picked a color that is not Blue, Red, or Amber (which is illegal in NC)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Bike27e said:
I want to clarify that these are not green Headlights, they are halos that fit outer part of the inside headlight lamp. I have full use of my stock headlights and fog lights. They are mainly for daytime use and also when I am parked at night at a restaurant, I leave them running, as LEDs do not take much battery power. So they are very legal as I have picked a color that is not Blue, Red, or Amber (which is illegal in NC)
Daytime?

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Sure looks green to me.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Wonder if that setup might cause somebody to run a red light? Someone in the "situationally unaware" category...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't think I would do it to mine, but they look cool. If someone runs a red light because of these lights, they might need to take the bus instead of driving. So you can have them off and your regular lights on, right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I hope they aren't looking 3 feet off the road for a redlight or greenlight in an intersection... :)

And yes, I have them on a switch and they can be turned off whenever, but it actually looks sort of cool running both headlights and green halos.

I will for sure put up daytime pics as soon as I can.. It is raining at them moment!

The camera glare makes the lighted picture a little brighter looking than they are. And yes I reposted this thread with moderators approval as they had to take the other one down because some members had made some unapproved posts.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.