Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

JK 2dr coil spring on JKU 4dr

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DirtyTeddy 
#1 ·
Hi yall,

All I can pull up on the wide world web is 4dr springs going into 2dr rides. I'm looking at an AEV 3.5 set of coils off a JK that I would be putting onto my JKU.

How much ride height off the 3.5 am I looking at losing? AEV is known to be stiff so maybe not too much. I haven't read or,thought of any other concerns with it.

I know it's all about how stiff the springs are and not the actual length

#2 ·
I don't have specific data as far as spring rates. I have a AEV 2.5 with my jk I added around 300lb of weight not counting wheels and tires. it sagged roughly a inch. I would imagine they would be 2.5-3 for you with a slightly softer ride. Before I added the weight I had 3.5 and it was very stiff. 300 is not far off from the added weight of a JKU. If you're planning on adding armor and a winch I would recommend just getting 4dr sprigs.

#6 ·
Just talked to Eric at AEV. He basically made me answer my own concerns.. Lol.

After agreeing that I will lose ride heigh and that the springs are tunes for 2dr 's 4Dr's ; he said he would not recommend it.

Hmm, in not concerned about ride height as long as I'm still in a similar 2.5 range. I have spacers to use to compensate any weird angleage from 2dr tune to 4dr.

He didn't care to disagree that they might also sag at a rate faster once I mentioned that as well.. Not faster than the TF I've had on for,the past 3 years lol...

I think I'm going for it, I'll let you guys know how it turns out after install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.