Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

JK 2dr coil spring on JKU 4dr

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DirtyTeddy 
#1 ·
Hi yall,

All I can pull up on the wide world web is 4dr springs going into 2dr rides. I'm looking at an AEV 3.5 set of coils off a JK that I would be putting onto my JKU.

How much ride height off the 3.5 am I looking at losing? AEV is known to be stiff so maybe not too much. I haven't read or,thought of any other concerns with it.

I know it's all about how stiff the springs are and not the actual length

#2 ·
I don't have specific data as far as spring rates. I have a AEV 2.5 with my jk I added around 300lb of weight not counting wheels and tires. it sagged roughly a inch. I would imagine they would be 2.5-3 for you with a slightly softer ride. Before I added the weight I had 3.5 and it was very stiff. 300 is not far off from the added weight of a JKU. If you're planning on adding armor and a winch I would recommend just getting 4dr sprigs.

#6 ·
Just talked to Eric at AEV. He basically made me answer my own concerns.. Lol.

After agreeing that I will lose ride heigh and that the springs are tunes for 2dr 's 4Dr's ; he said he would not recommend it.

Hmm, in not concerned about ride height as long as I'm still in a similar 2.5 range. I have spacers to use to compensate any weird angleage from 2dr tune to 4dr.

He didn't care to disagree that they might also sag at a rate faster once I mentioned that as well.. Not faster than the TF I've had on for,the past 3 years lol...

I think I'm going for it, I'll let you guys know how it turns out after install.

#8 ·
Don't listen to the sales guys at AEV... The last thing they want is someone out here saying OMG, I put 3.5 2dr springs on my 4dr and got 2.5 with the most amazing ride quality ever!!!

Go for it!

#9 ·
Don't listen to the sales guys at AEV... The last thing they want is someone out here saying OMG, I put 3.5 2dr springs on my 4dr and got 2.5 with the most amazing ride quality ever!!!

Go for it!
That's exactly what I got from the "technical"support guy. Any forseeable "problem" was first mentioned by me and then agreed upon by him.

They want people to purchase and run their full sets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.