Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see why my soft top isn't fitting on the roof above both back doors. It's not laying in the rain Channel this is our 3rd yr owning it and the first yr fit just fine. Last yr we had the same issue on the whole passenger side now it's both side about back doors. we have tried everything we think it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you
Water Automotive tire Hood Tread Road surface

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,092 Posts
Maybe @Bestop can help you figure out what’s happening. They will see this post since I tagged them.

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Looking at the images of the door surround on the Quadratec website, it appears that there is a channel along the top of the surround (just as on my TJ door surround). The top may have a plastic clip sewed into the edge of the top above the doors. You then clip that plastic up into the channel along the top edge of the door surround. This plastic clip is similar to the one at the front edge of the rear window which is slide into the vertical groove along the back edge of the door surround. (Passenger doors if a 4 door).

Roll up the edge of the top over the door opening and see if there is not a plastic strip. If so, rotate the edge out and up so the plastic is pointed down, press the plastic edge against the door surround as you rotate the edge of the top downward to slip the plastic into the groove along the top of the door surround.

I'm basing this on the edge connection to the door surround on a JK similar to the connection on a TJ. I have not had actual experience with a soft top JK. I have a hard top JK and soft top TJ. So I could be out to lunch on this.

·
Vendor
5,806 Posts
Looking to see why my soft top isn't fitting on the roof above both back doors. It's not laying in the rain Channel this is our 3rd yr owning it and the first yr fit just fine. Last yr we had the same issue on the whole passenger side now it's both side about back doors. we have tried everything we think it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you View attachment 4543628
Thanks for the tag @Sgt_USMC !
There is a cable that should be routed under this standoff screw. Look just above that screw for the cable and bring it down underneath it, you may want to open the sunrider just a bit for the slack.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grey Bumper Vehicle door

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts