Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go into Caribou, which is my favorite coffee shop located in a heavily populated area. I order my usual, carmel cooler,:thumb: then turn around and see a few hippie's surrounding a window. This perks my interest so I take a peak while waiting for my coffee.

We were all surprised of the turkey, just doing his thing, like a honey badger. I guess the turkey is a local and hangs around the Burger King across the street.

I left with my carmel cooler and noticed the turkey was sizing me up, I figured I'd better just move on being that I was on his turf. I got in the jeep and the turkey followed me!:rofl: He then started pecking my Ace Rock Rails:eek:

Lets just say if there wasn't so many people around, Thanksgiving would have came early this year. After the turkey was done pecking the rails and blocking me in I backed out victorious! As I was leaving though I noticed he moved onto the car parked next to mine. A white Honda Civic, and began chipping away at the plastic bumper.

Moral of the story is, Ace rock rails are have been "Tested Turkey Proof".

Right before the attack.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one found this as funny as I did, must be a "had to be there thing".

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
So I go into Caribou, which is my favorite coffee shop located in a heavily populated area. I order my usual, carmel cooler,:thumb: then turn around and see a few hippie's surrounding a window. This perks my interest so I take a peak while waiting for my coffee.

We were all surprised of the turkey, just doing his thing, like a honey badger. I guess the turkey is a local and hangs around the Burger King across the street.

I left with my carmel cooler and noticed the turkey was sizing me up, I figured I'd better just move on being that I was on his turf. I got in the jeep and the turkey followed me!:rofl: He then started pecking my Ace Rock Rails:eek:

Lets just say if there wasn't so many people around, Thanksgiving would have came early this year. After the turkey was done pecking the rails and blocking me in I backed out victorious! As I was leaving though I noticed he moved onto the car parked next to mine. A white Honda Civic, and began chipping away at the plastic bumper.

Moral of the story is, Ace rock rails are have been "Tested Turkey Proof".

Right before the attack.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My wife and I were out riding bikes along the C&O Canal last year and were pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We'd had a few deer run in front of us and I almost ran over a few brave squirrels who darted out in front of us, and then I commented to my wife, "The only damned things we haven't seen are wild turkeys!" Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, we saw about five or six of them darting through the brush! :rofl:

Years ago when we lived in Milwaukee, WI, we used to walk at the Botanical Gardens and there'd always be geese chasing people around looking for food. We went up there a few times with some old bread to pitch to'em and it was crazy. We'd wind up being followed by AT LEAST 50 geese!

While still living in Milwaukee, there was an entire family of geese crossing a very busy highway. They had the entire side of the road stopped and were just kinda milling around. I got out to sort of "help" them along when one of them made a complete 180 degree turn and started chasing me around my car, chomping at my ass! That was pretty embarrassing, but the rest of the stopped traffic got a real laugh out of it.

The geese eventually got out of the road...on their own time. :popcorn:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My wife and I were out riding bikes along the C&O Canal last year and were pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We'd had a few deer run in front of us and I almost ran over a few brave squirrels who darted out in front of us, and then I commented to my wife, "The only damned things we haven't seen are wild turkeys!" Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, we saw about five or six of them darting through the brush! :rofl:

Years ago when we lived in Milwaukee, WI, we used to walk at the Botanical Gardens and there'd always be geese chasing people around looking for food. We went up there a few times with some old bread to pitch to'em and it was crazy. We'd wind up being followed by AT LEAST 50 geese!

While still living in Milwaukee, there was an entire family of geese crossing a very busy highway. They had the entire side of the road stopped and were just kinda milling around. I got out to sort of "help" them along when one of them made a complete 180 degree turn and started chasing me around my car, chomping at my ass! That was pretty embarrassing, but the rest of the stopped traffic got a real laugh out of it.

The geese eventually got out of the road...on their own time. :popcorn:
That's some funny stuff, I was hoping this turkey wasn't going to punk me out to bad, I didn't want to punt him into the window at Caribou.:rofl:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Skalve85 said:
That's some funny stuff, I was hoping this turkey wasn't going to punk me out to bad, I didn't want to punt him into the window at Caribou.:rofl:
Haha that's hilarious, gave me a good laugh..I probably would have "accidently" back over it an jus put it in/on the jeep an took it home for a good ol turkey dinner

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Excuse me I hate Hondas cause they are Jap traps but that Is an accord duhh man come on gotta know what your driving over when you see one :facepalm:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Farnham21 said:
Excuse me I hate Hondas cause they are Jap traps but that Is an accord duhh man come on gotta know what your driving over when you see one :facepalm:
I don't think the turkey cared and neither did I, haha! Thanks for the correction though, I knew it was one of those models.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The turkey from "Thankskilling" perhaps?

FYI: Thankskilling is the worst movie ever created; it's about an undead killer turkey. Nuf' said.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MudRunner said:

FYI: Thankskilling is the worst movie ever created; it's about an undead killer turkey. Nuf' said.
Lmao dude that movie was made in Newark, Ohio which is my home town near Denison university. I think you and I are the only people that have seen that movie.

Only part that is epic is the beginning, and yes this crossed my mind when I saw the turkey.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome stories

Wish I could have seen the geese chasing you Con Artist.

That turkey must have gotten lost, hanging around Burger King. Lucky for him (and us) he isn't hanging around the local Chinese joint or KFC.

·
Registered
199 Posts
MudRunner said:

Wrong. That honor would go to Jesus Christ Vampire Slayer. Look it up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got trapped in an out house by a moose once. In Minnesota didn't have anything to do with a jeep though.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
So its confirmed: Ace rails are TTP. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wow, it's a good thing you all have me to hold down humanities spot at the top of the food chain. =) Remember, at the top of the food chain you need to stick to your guns! Animals can:

1.) get lost
2.) get hurt/dead

Geese, turkeys, etc. do not necessarily cross paths with humans all that often...people don't realize how mean those birds are. They seem all cute and cuddly when humanized in cartoons, TV whatever...they're not. They're dirty, unpleasant crap producing machines.

Amazing restraint waiting for it to get out of your way. I figure any animal too dumb to avoid over two tons of rolling steel has earned a trip to hereafter.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Now we just have to get Ace to add it to their website!
LOL :thumb:

......Geese, turkeys, etc. do not necessarily cross paths with humans all that often...people don't realize how mean those birds are. They seem all cute and cuddly when humanized in cartoons, TV whatever...they're not. They're dirty, unpleasant crap producing machines......
But they make for tasty eating.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, it's a good thing you all have me to hold down humanities spot at the top of the food chain. =) Remember, at the top of the food chain you need to stick to your guns! Animals can:

1.) get lost
2.) get hurt/dead

Geese, turkeys, etc. do not necessarily cross paths with humans all that often...people don't realize how mean those birds are. They seem all cute and cuddly when humanized in cartoons, TV whatever...they're not. They're dirty, unpleasant crap producing machines.

Amazing restraint waiting for it to get out of your way. I figure any animal too dumb to avoid over two tons of rolling steel has earned a trip to hereafter.
Haha yeah trust me it was very hard! Only if I wasn't in the location I was in, things would have been a lot different. I mean if I would have ran that turkey over, I bet that I would have been strung up by my neck while everyone was still enjoying their hot coffee.

Plus I'm waiting for a TS clearance to be completed, so the last thing I need to do is skyline myself bigger than the Zimmerman case by a turkey slaughter.:rofl:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts