Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 JK. I have an airaid cold air intake system installed. I find now that the PSC steering reservoir is too big to allow the plastic air intake filter box to mount. Anyone modified or changed air intake systems to allow the larger reservoir? Suggestions......

·
Registered
984 Posts
my installer made a custom mount to get the resi. over more so no modifications had to be made to the airbox, but that was with the oem airbox.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm running the OEM airbox and it works with the res, but it's a tight fit. The OEM box is a pretty good design- and it's a cold air intake too (pulling from the fender area).

'Relatively' cold. (And sometimes wet!) But at least not like most of the 'cold air intakes' that just replace it with a pod filter sucking air from the engine bay... (I don't know where the Airaid fits on that scale, though, not having seen one, so cannot comment on it directly.)

For the record, I dropped my inlet temps from ~15C over ambient to ~5C over by fitting an AEV snorkel to the OEM airbox, and fixed my pinging issues. (And the Donaldson Topspin prefilter means I only need to replace the airfilter every year or so, even after driving behind other vehicles on dusty roads.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts