Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I purchased a second hand but practically new android headunit for my Jeep JK. Now unfortunately for me the wiring harness that came with that headunit is the older chrysler style square plug as oppose to ours with the bevelled edge on the sides.
Now seeing I'm in Australia nobody here knows, or wants to help me obtaining a wiring harness that will suit. They all answer with the same "sorry can't help you" or "jeeps are a headache. Good luck!"

Now if somebody could please guide me in the right direction for a wiring harness that would suit this headunit it would be FANTASTIC!
Also considering I already have a harness with the canbus module is it possible to cut the plug off and cross wire a new plug into it or do I need a complete new harness with module?

Thank you in advance!!!
Attatched is the wiring diagram of my headunit. My jk is a 2012 with infinity sound system (amplified)

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Take a picture of the wiring on the back of the head unit and the harness that it came with. Is this headunit meant to be plug and play for a jeep or is it just a generic android head unit?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a picture of the wiring on the back of the head unit and the harness that it came with. Is this headunit meant to be plug and play for a jeep or is it just a generic android head unit?
It was made for the Jeep, however the plug it came with is that of the older style.
Here are the pictures.
The one inside my Jeep has tappered ends, the one of the radio is a square plug

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would order the relevant harnesses from Amazon or wherever you can get metra harnesses from, and wire them together. Unless you are keen on cutting and splicing wiring.

Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse has an application guide for each vehicle on which harness to use. You need a standard harness for the plug coming from your jeep, and a reverse harness for the plug going into the head unit. Wire those two harnesses together matching wiring and you should be good.

Caveat: I'm not familiar with the infinity system, and given it is amplified, you may need to do more research on how to properly wire a new head unit to the amplified system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts