Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know about anybody else's experience but my braking power on my 2 door 2013 Rubicon is less than acceptable to me. I have just over 30K miles and the real test was going down Wipe Out hill in Moab recently. Although I did not want to stop on the way down I could not have completely stopped if I wanted to. I have a 2.5 inch AEV lift with 35's. I have Rock Hard front and rear bumpers together with the Rock Hard front and rear skid plates and Rock Hard patriot series "boat side" rock sliders. I had her weighed a while back and not sure how accurate the scales are at truck stops at this weight but she was 4900 pounds. I figure I have about 800-900 extra pounds in the armor and bumpers.

I want to do a brake system upgrade and seeking advice on options. I am not sure if I need to simply replace the rotors and pads or if I need a caliper upgrade as well.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I do not know about anybody else's experience but my braking power on my 2 door 2013 Rubicon is less than acceptable to me. I have just over 30K miles and the real test was going down Wipe Out hill in Moab recently. Although I did not want to stop on the way down I could not have completely stopped if I wanted to. I have a 2.5 inch AEV lift with 35's. I have Rock Hard front and rear bumpers together with the Rock Hard front and rear skid plates and Rock Hard patriot series "boat side" rock sliders. I had her weighed a while back and not sure how accurate the scales are at truck stops at this weight but she was 4900 pounds. I figure I have about 800-900 extra pounds in the armor and bumpers.

I want to do a brake system upgrade and seeking advice on options. I am not sure if I need to simply replace the rotors and pads or if I need a caliper upgrade as well.
You can go the discount avenue.. For me it's all about safety. I run 37's (which is a lot of meat to wrangle) I went with the Mopar Big Brake kit, with booster up front and Dynatrac 14.25" in the back.. It works amazing at hwy speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts