Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never felt so violated in my life. Took wallet, $200 sunglasses, and more. Invest in lockboxes or take your stuff out. Never thought it would happen to me but it did. Just warning you guys so it doesn't happen to you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry bud I know how you feel. I had a TJ years ago with a hard and soft top and went to a carnival for a few hours with the top and doors off. I know I was asking for it but there really wasn't much in there to steal. Well they ripped my 6x9's that I had triple bolted to the fenders right off (must have used a crowbar or something) and they broke into my glove box and stole of all things the hardware to put the hard top back on. :banghead: Cost me over 120$ for the hardware and I still get nervous when leaving my baby someplace w/o the top on. :nonono:

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Bummer man....

Yeah, some of my first mods were a Tuffy trunk enclosure, Tuffy underseat lockbox, Rampage locking hood locks and Gorilla wheel locks.

OEM HU and speaker grills keep everything looking "mall crawler boring".

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the stories/support guys. I thought I locked my door but there is a possibility I didn't or they got through my soft top. No damage to the vehicle thank God. Went to get in it this morning and the glove compartment was open with papers everywhere and noticed glasses missing from dash.I live in a nice neighborhood but it just goes to show you aren't safe anywhere. Either hide your stuff or take it out. Police dusted it for finger prints so hopefully they find the robbers.

Again not looking for sympathy just want to pass this lesson on so it doesn't happen to you guys cause I never thought it would to me

·
Registered
355 Posts
I also live in a nice neighborhood but put my Rubi in the back yard at night. Thieves have no boundaries and some of the worst calls I have gone on are in the best neighborhoods.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah, tweakers know no boundaries, all they care about is scoring money for their next fix. And a topless/soft top jeep or any unlocked vehicle is the easiest of all pickings.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Thieves should be shot a little. Those that survive should be shot a bit more... :mad:

-Pat
Pat I disagree, thieves should be shot a lot, then the survivors should be shot alot more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pat I disagree, thieves should be shot a lot, then the survivors should be shot alot more.
i disagree. thieves should be sliced with razor blades all over their body, dropped in the middle of nowhere and suffer death by bleeding out slowly, dehydration and starvation, and being eaten alive by animals. and if by some bear gryls survival miracle they make it back to civilization, they should have their hands removed from their body so that everyone knows they were caught stealing. :popcorn:

Did I mention i hate thieves?

·
Registered
107 Posts
i disagree. thieves should be sliced with razor blades all over their body, dropped in the middle of nowhere and suffer death by bleeding out slowly, dehydration and starvation, and being eaten alive by animals. and if by some bear gryls survival miracle they make it back to civilization, they should have their hands removed from their body so that everyone knows they were caught stealing. :popcorn:

+1

Tho I personally would like to tie both legs with my recovery strap and loop it through my D-loop and have the personal satisfaction of driving them at 30+ miles an hour over some good rocks. :whistling:

Then of course cut thier hands off :rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts

Could not agree more !!! I've walked past other peoples Tree stands on public property (state game lands) and never even thought about grabbing them. Just hope there's something to the whole KARMA thing !!

·
Registered
636 Posts

Not in the main part of your post, but I'm glad you added that note. I might not have picked up on it otherwise, you were being so subtle. :D

-Pat

·
Registered
19 Posts
I stopped putting my spare pair of sunglasses in the glovebox...maybe I will start again. I know thieves will get into it if they REALLY want to but keeping stuff out of sight helps too. That being said I see a lockbox for under the seat in my near future.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts