Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Here is the video of the noise my Jeep's clutch is making when it gets warm (sorry about the shaking):

P.S The noise seems to be coming from inside the housing (transfer case?)

I am really hoping that someone who has experienced this problem has a real solution. My 2016 JKU is having this problem for the last one year or so. After a few futile attempts of lubricating the clutch and seeing if the noise disappears, the clutch failed in Jan 2018 while my dad was driving the Jeep. Could have been fatal if it was on the highway.

Note on work order:
CAUSE:
Clutch pressure plate/disc failure

They replaced clutch disc, pressure plate and release bearing. The odometer read 23,251 Km.

Now at 38,000 Km, the noise is back again. I am afraid that something will snap or break leading to a clutch plate failure. I drive on busy highways.

Please advise guys. I welcome any feedback. I don't understand why doesn't FCA fix this issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had the same noise on my '07 for the last 5 years. I replaced the clutch 2 years ago, and then the slave cylinder earlier this year. It's very common on the JK's. Don't drive yourself crazy over it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the same noise on my '07 for the last 5 years. I replaced the clutch 2 years ago, and then the slave cylinder earlier this year. It's very common on the JK's. Don't drive yourself crazy over it.
Thanks for your response. So this noise can't (most likely) lead to a mechanical failure of the clutch?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts