Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 JKU is getting a code... forget which one but recall looking it up and it points to replacing the thermostat. Basically the code is being thrown because the temp is not reaching ideal range within a period of time. The code is popping up with temperature changes so in GA is hot as crap right now so the code mostly cleared but if we have a cool morning it is triggered sometimes.

So to my question... The gasket appears to be a round rubber ring not the flat paper ones in shape of the housing. Does this mean no sealant needed or do I need to pickup some to apply around that gasket/housing before mounting it back?

After jumping to a new tab I believe the cod is P0128. Found couple things I want to check after reading this http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/code-po128-coolant-temperature-220009.html

Anyway... someone can clue me in on the gasket/sealant question either way and anyone else with this code that like to tell me their story would be great too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
My 2012 JKU is getting a code... forget which one but recall looking it up and it points to replacing the thermostat. Basically the code is being thrown because the temp is not reaching ideal range within a period of time. The code is popping up with temperature changes so in GA is hot as crap right now so the code mostly cleared but if we have a cool morning it is triggered sometimes.

So to my question... The gasket appears to be a round rubber ring not the flat paper ones in shape of the housing. Does this mean no sealant needed or do I need to pickup some to apply around that gasket/housing before mounting it back?

After jumping to a new tab I believe the cod is P0128. Found couple things I want to check after reading this http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/code-po128-coolant-temperature-220009.html

Anyway... someone can clue me in on the gasket/sealant question either way and anyone else with this code that like to tell me their story would be great too.

Thanks!

I am replacing my thermostat this weekend and from what I have found, you just use the rubber o-ring that comes with the thermostat.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I get this code each autumn since the last 3 years when the temp is around 32F and hit the highway, hotter than 32 or colder and it clears.

There is a lot of people getting this code with about the same weather conditions.

Since it is such frequent, I've never done anything about it as I consider this as a software glitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.