Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the lifts for the jk. I see that they list 2 door and 4 door seperate. Is this do to GVW? Would a 4 door coil give a 2 door more lift, or a stiffer ride? Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
usually a coil lift for a 4 door will give you an extra 1'' of lift give or take for a 2 door. Because of the difference in weight.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Off Road King said:
usually a coil lift for a 4 door will give you an extra 1'' of lift give or take for a 2 door. Because of the difference in weight of them.
That's what I was thinking. Makes sense but I'm usually wrong on here. :)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I've heard of folks using 4 door coils from various lift manufacturers.

At a minimum, you'll end up with more lift and a much stiffer ride--the 4 door weighs several hundred pounds more than the 2 door. Depending on the kit, I suppose you might also run into some component issues.

Keep in mind most coil lifts actually yield more lift than advertised ANYWAY. Personally, I'd order according to your actual specs. Why would you want an even greater unpredictable amount of lift than you would get otherwise, and the potential for an aggressively stiff ride??

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
A lot of the manufacture’s descriptions for the lifts say you get more lift on a 2 door than a 4 door.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
A lot of the manufacture’s descriptions for the lifts say you get more lift on a 2 door than a 4 door.
That's true, I believe that's usually because that manufacturer may be using the same coils for 2 door and 4 door lifts. It's cheaper just to offer a few sets of coils for various lift heights than to have two sets of coils (2 door and 4 door) for each lift height. Other manufacturers however will actually have dual sets. It just depends. I'd still recommend deciding how much lift you actually want and ordering the right set up based on the specs for that manufacturer's lifts, anything else and you're just guessing.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That's true, I believe that's usually because that manufacturer may be using the same coils for 2 door and 4 door lifts. It's cheaper just to offer a few sets of coils for various lift heights than to have two sets of coils (2 door and 4 door) for each lift height. Other manufacturers however will actually have dual sets. It just depends. I'd still recommend deciding how much lift you actually want and ordering the right set up based on the specs for that manufacturer's lifts, anything else and you're just guessing.
:thumb: With the dizzying array of lift possibilities for the Wrangler, there are enough fitment issues, as is.

·
Registered
811 Posts
When it comes to Synergy lift kits and virtually all the other kits the 2 door and 4 door JKs share all the same parts. Synergy offers 4 springs and the lift height gained varies based on the weight of the target vehicle. It's also an approximation because not all jeeps weigh the same because of bumpers, skids, armor, winches and whathaveyou.

The front Synergy Springs are a good example because they also fit a TJ which is lighter than a 2 door JK Synergy Suspension Jeep JK, TJ/LJ Front Lift Springs.

Take a look at the tables for p/n PPM-8063-20
TJ 3.5" Front Lift Springs
JK 2-Door 3.0" Front Lift Springs
JK 4-Door 2.0" Front Lift Springs

When you are figuring out lift height you need to think about what other "stuff" you plan on adding. It's not an exact science but most re-sellers and manufactures can help you get close.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking of future addons like bumpers and so on. So getting to 4 door springs to soak up that extra weight and still have a 3 inch lift after is what I was thinking thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts