Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone know where I can get a couple of switches that'll fit in the existing strip of switches at the lower-center of my dash, where the Hazard light button is?

Too many blanks there, and too many ideas in my head for how to use 'em!

Thx/jim

ps what other switches might fit into those blanks?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The dealership or junkyard would be a start, but I am sure someone else will have some ideas that might be cheaper

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
If you get behind that stock switch panel, you'll see that there's a circuit board that runs across the full width of it. It doesn't appear that Chrysler intended for us to make use of any of those "available" switch spots.

Daystar makes a switch panel that goes just below the stock switch panel. SPOD makes a nice (but expensive) accessory power system with switch panel that mounts above the windshield between the visors. There are also plenty of other places where you can mount switches.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
The Daystar panel is great if you have an automatic, useless for a manual. I would go with the Spod for multiple (more than 2) switches. Otherwise I would place them above the driver side speaker. I have also seen them creatively placed on the A pillar.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: The sPOD is expensive, but

It's the best I've ever seen and one of my sons, back from Afghanistan, looked at my sPOD and said they used the same switching/cable/connectors on the Predator/F-16s

Ya can't get much better than that-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
shmoos, thats really awesome i didnt know they were avaible.

wonder if you could wire something else up to those switches and relabel them or "just know" which is what...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was wondering the same thing when I came across the Mopar replacement switch bank. I'm not sure what circuitry is in the bank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but after installing the Daystar dash panel I think I may mount custom switches along the back of the taller lip.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Another vote for the sPOD. Spendy but has no equal and considering what you get and the work it saves you I think the price is a bargain.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool:Or $600 bucks for a bumper, or $1200 bucks for a rack, or $1800 bucks for tires and wheels-or

The system is professional and trouble free !!

Can't beatit-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
I think the JKSwitch is an equal, if not better if you want more of a stock look.
JKSwitch
This has some nice features. Does anybody here own this? Any comments/reviews from personal experience?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also wanted to add my own buttons to the stock pod position, but gave up. I did see these pics from the SEMA show that I thought were good alternatives.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Not sure what you mean? /j
the daystar upper dash panel has a large lip on the back tray, intended to be used to prop up a cell phone or GPS....

You could easily put switches in it. I have 4 12V outlets installed in mine... there's a ton o room :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also wanted to add my own buttons to the stock pod position, but gave up. I did see these pics from the SEMA show that I thought were good alternatives.
Sorry, those aren't very clean at all compared to JKSwitch and SPod. Furthermore, these systems include control boxes under the hood that clean everything up and make adding accessories easy. I'd hate to see the mess of relays, diodes, and wires under the hood of that Sema project with all the silver button switches and with no labels, what's what??.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts