Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 JK and I’m having issues with a dead battery if it sits more thane 3-4 days. I’m not sure what is draining the battery I have disconnected all of my accessories including the winch and all my driving lights. Any ideas or others having the same issue?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Time to grab your multimeter and start checking alternator voltage, battery voltage Jeep running an off. Get your battery load tested...
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

If it's the original battery (unlikely), toss it and get a replacement. I'd bet second replacement, still 5 years old, toss it and get a replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys It is a new battery I had the alternator load tested and it was good. I think I may have found the issue my AMP was drawing current so I pulled the fuse and I will check in a few days. Thanks guys for input.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks guys It is a new battery I had the alternator load tested and it was good. I think I may have found the issue my AMP was drawing current so I pulled the fuse and I will check in a few days. Thanks guys for input.
good news. At least it was user addressable. Lots of new car models are drawing 50 mA when turned off and not because of something broken or malfunctioning, but simply due to the huge number of electric components. On those cars if you don't drive them every other day you can expect significantly shorter battery life to replacement due to all the constant significant discharges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts