·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
47 Posts
for a JK or JKU

I built a little cargo cover to cover the trunk of my JK when my backseat is installed. I bought a 1x12x6 from Home Depot and cut it to size. I used a cardboard stencil to get the shape right. With it flush against the backseat there is still a gap between the shelf and the tailgate. I took a roof strip and nailed it to the end with finishing nails. It fills the gap and creates a nice lip. I covered the whole thing in carpet. It rests on the plastic sides and doesn’t require anything to hold it in place.

I also built an earlier version of a shelf that sat 8 inches off the ground and created a nice shelf to put items on but also allowed me to hide a backpack underneath. I used small turnbuckles attached to the factory cargo tie down points to secure it in place. I really liked this setup but I wasn’t able to access the factory storage compartment under the carpet so I didn’t think it was the best design.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is the second and final version. Sorry for the quality, I took at night. And it probably does not help that I've since removed the seat as I am building a bed in the back that uses the shelf and extends forward.

But this looks really nice during the day. And the carpet protects the plastic from getting scratched as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention JKU, of course. That's nice work.

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonderful, thank you very much. That will definitely be of assistance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts