Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket JK exhaust that do not have a drone noise? Thinking about getting a MagnaFlow CAT-back exhaust as it looks cleaner and is tucked up and away for better clearance. Any tips will help!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If your main goal is more clearance & a 'cleaner' look without a significant increase in noise, then check out the aFe hi-tuck rear muffler. I have the aFe Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless axle-back (p/n 49-46219), which has a really mellow sound. It is fairly loud at higher revs when at WOT, but otherwise I barely notice it just cruising around. On the trail, I notice it is a little louder, but now I can actually tell what the engine is doing, which I like.

Reactions: hankbgood

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
If your main goal is more clearance & a 'cleaner' look without a significant increase in noise, then check out the aFe hi-tuck rear muffler. I have the aFe Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless axle-back (p/n 49-46219), which has a really mellow sound. It is fairly loud at higher revs when at WOT, but otherwise I barely notice it just cruising around. On the trail, I notice it is a little louder, but now I can actually tell what the engine is doing, which I like.
This describes my Dynomax cat back that dumps before the rear axle. Very happy with mine and LOVE not having an exhaust in the rear. Cleans that area up super nice.

Single - 2.5" Cat-Back System - Ultra Flo? Polished Muffler - P/N: 39522 - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

Reactions: TankJK45

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
https://youtu.be/t3ahQdILqX4

Doesn’t look hard and all the parts are readily available..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great Video ! America! I like this exhaust, seems nice, I assume you have this one right? The guy in the video mentioned how the exhaust tube was bent and shouldn't dump too much heat onto the axle. If you have it, would you agree with that statement. Any drone?:beerdrinking:

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your responses, I just started using this forum yesterday and can't believe how much I'm already learning.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Great Video ! America! I like this exhaust, seems nice, I assume you have this one right? The guy in the video mentioned how the exhaust tube was bent and shouldn't dump too much heat onto the axle. If you have it, would you agree with that statement. Any drone?:beerdrinking:

I do not have this set up YET. I talked to a guy about it that does have it..well, built it. He referred me to the video. I’m pretty familiar with O3D Jeeps but I didn’t know about this. I ask the guy about drone and he said he didn’t have any drone at all. He also told me the hardest part with this setup was finding all the pieces. I actually saved the vid so I can start piecing this together myself. It had a little tone to it but honestly, didn’t sound much louder than stock..little deeper. I didn’t think to ask about heating issues. Kinda wish I did after I watched the video but I didn’t know. I contacted DynoMax (734-384-7806) about buying the parts but they don’t sale directly to the public. They did confirm that this used to be a kit but it was discontinued HOWEVER it may be coming back. Sorry I don’t have much more info on it.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
I do not have this set up YET. I talked to a guy about it that does have it..well, built it. He referred me to the video. I’m pretty familiar with O3D Jeeps but I didn’t know about this. I ask the guy about drone and he said he didn’t have any drone at all. He also told me the hardest part with this setup was finding all the pieces. I actually saved the vid so I can start piecing this together myself. It had a little tone to it but honestly, didn’t sound much louder than stock..little deeper. I didn’t think to ask about heating issues. Kinda wish I did after I watched the video but I didn’t know. I contacted DynoMax (734-384-7806) about buying the parts but they don’t sale directly to the public. They did confirm that this used to be a kit but it was discontinued HOWEVER it may be coming back. Sorry I don’t have much more info on it.

You can find the parts online. Amazon, for example.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take your jeep to a muffler shop (not Midas or other chain) and talk to them about what you want. A friend did that and spent a couple hundred dollars but it wasn’t quite what he wanted. Went back and they removed one small piece (resonator?) and he got the sound he wanted. Slightly louder but a lot better sound.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Seems to be legit! I like that it's quiet, but if you step on it, becomes throaty. Do you notice any heat issues as a result of the exhaust dumping near the axle housing?
Zero heat issues. I've had that muffler for 3+ years and it's been great. Don't be fooled by any of these exhausts, though, they're not going to make it sounds like you have a V8 under the hood. Everyone knows it's a 6 lol.

Reactions: TankJK45

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If only the Jeep came with a V-8 under the hood! But then again, if it's not broke, why fix it hahaha!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zero heat issues. I've had that muffler for 3+ years and it's been great. Don't be fooled by any of these exhausts, though, they're not going to make it sounds like you have a V8 under the hood. Everyone knows it's a 6 lol.
Do you notice any drone? Seen a few people mention this.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Do you notice any drone? Seen a few people mention this.
If there is any, it's hardly noticeable. My tires are certainly louder with the top up and down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts