Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,515 Posts
Are there any aftermarket JK exhaust that do not have a drone noise? Thinking about getting a MagnaFlow CAT-back exhaust as it looks cleaner and is tucked up and away for better clearance. Any tips will help!

Hey there,

We offer many different exhausts here: https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_exhaust/cat_back_systems

I currently am running the Magnaflow Street series exhaust on my JK. It is fairly quiet when driving low RPMs but when it gets higher RPMs it does get louder.

You can always Youtube the different exhausts to see how they sound.

Have a great day,
Hailey

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update, I am getting the Dynomax Quiet Crawler exhaust installed Thursday, it will be welded together as a solid piece so no worries about hot air leaking from loose clamps! Guy said 100-150, doesn't seem too bad, if I knew how to weld I would do it myself, but don't. This should take care of the issue of the TF trackbar hitting the rear exhaust pipe(I'm about 80-90 % sure this is the problem). Will update after Thursday after it's installed. This kit is supposed to be quiet, but I'll let you guys know.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Update, I am getting the Dynomax Quiet Crawler exhaust installed Thursday, it will be welded together as a solid piece so no worries about hot air leaking from loose clamps! Guy said 100-150, doesn't seem too bad, if I knew how to weld I would do it myself, but don't. This should take care of the issue of the TF trackbar hitting the rear exhaust pipe(I'm about 80-90 % sure this is the problem). Will update after Thursday after it's installed. This kit is supposed to be quiet, but I'll let you guys know.
Did you buy the parts individually?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Exhaust is installed and sounds greats! A few comments though... I do think at 75-80 going uphill it is loud, so going up mountain's could be a little rough for the rear passengers, I'm considering installing sound deadening material to make it pleasant in the cabin like the stock exhaust. Thought it would take care of the noise in the rear but now I believe it to be an incorrect install of the bumpstop extensions by a very shady off-road company.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did you buy the parts individually?
Are you looking for the parts? I have a few left over after the install, the exhaust tip, all the clamps necessary, exhaust hanger brackets, and rubber hangers. I ended up having things welded together and paying more.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Are you looking for the parts? I have a few left over after the install, the exhaust tip, all the clamps necessary, exhaust hanger brackets, and rubber hangers. I ended up having things welded together and paying more.

I've thought about it. I watched a youtube video about this kit and I was pretty impressed.

Not sure the exact pieces I would need for a 2 door, most lists are the for JKU.

Also, is it a faux pas to take parts to an exhaust place for install? Will they care?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I installed a cat-back system.
It had drone
I fixed it with a resonator, which was the perfect solution to cat-back drone.

Flowmaster 817674 American Thunder Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust
Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator

Its worth it. Just trust me.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've thought about it. I watched a youtube video about this kit and I was pretty impressed.

Not sure the exact pieces I would need for a 2 door, most lists are the for JKU.

Also, is it a faux pas to take parts to an exhaust place for install? Will they care?
Not at all, if they say anything snarky, just say "do you like money?" If they say no, say "goodbye dumbass." If they say yes, say "stfu and do the install." S:drinks::puke:
As far as the parts go, you should probably be able to swap out certain parts, or go to an exhaust shop and have them weld a pipe in needed areas to make the kit work.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts