Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
I always encourage people to save their stock system and try ours first.

Warranty / Guarantee

Performance & Sound Guarantee

We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

If you are looking for a relocate look to the Rock Crawler system or the Evolution Competition system. We offer 12 different axle/catback system that keep the muffler in the stock location BUT at a much smaller size and much more free flowing too.
On the 3.8 (2007-11) we dynoed various systems and saw nominal gains (high single digits/ low double digits in both HP and TQ)

Ours are Made in the USA
Stainless steel construction
Limited lifetime warranty too ( that limited part is if you crush it on a rock, well... :) )

Free Shipping???

If you're just looking to change up the sound, you can do an Axle Back System. There are quite a few options out there. I personally like the look of the Magnaflow Kits with the dual tips. They are also dyno tested to add some performance enhancements as well. The Magnaflow Rockcrawler will tuck the exhaust up out of the way a little more to keep it off the rocks when wheeling, if that's something that's important to you.

A lot of companies will have sound clips on their websites to give you an idea of what that muffler will sound like on your rig. Some also offer a return policy so if you don't like the way it sounds you can send it back for a different one.

Don't forget that we offer a 6% forum discount and completely free shipping on all orders over $75 regardless of physical size or weight, no surcharges! Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you in any way!

-Ryan
Free shipping? Does that include Hawaii?

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I always encourage people to save their stock system and try ours first. Warranty / Guarantee Performance & Sound Guarantee We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back. If you are looking for a relocate look to the Rock Crawler system or the Evolution Competition system. We offer 12 different axle/catback system that keep the muffler in the stock location BUT at a much smaller size and much more free flowing too. On the 3.8 (2007-11) we dynoed various systems and saw nominal gains (high single digits/ low double digits in both HP and TQ) Ours are Made in the USA Stainless steel construction Limited lifetime warranty too ( that limited part is if you crush it on a rock, well... :) )
I'm actually looking into getting your Rock Crawler system for an 11 2 door jk. But I was wondering if you guys are ever gonna come out with a 2 door version so I don't have to chop the 4 door version up to make it fit.

After listening to the exhaust notes of a LOT of different 3.8 exhausts, I'll be going with the Banks Monster.

It sounds amazing and the black tip looks pretty cool.

im thinking about doing the same thing and narrowed it down to this flowmaster 80 series # 42583 its a camaro exhaust single in dual out and the sound is amazing with the videos i have watched and im probably going to with the m/m tips. Motor is 3.8 v6 09 jku

If you're just looking to change up the sound, you can do an Axle Back System. There are quite a few options out there. I personally like the look of the Magnaflow Kits with the dual tips. They are also dyno tested to add some performance enhancements as well. The Magnaflow Rockcrawler will tuck the exhaust up out of the way a little more to keep it off the rocks when wheeling, if that's something that's important to you.

A lot of companies will have sound clips on their websites to give you an idea of what that muffler will sound like on your rig. Some also offer a return policy so if you don't like the way it sounds you can send it back for a different one.

Don't forget that we offer a 6% forum discount and completely free shipping on all orders over $75 regardless of physical size or weight, no surcharges! Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you in any way!

-Ryan

Ryan
I am interested in the flowmaster American thunder cat back for 2013 2 door JK part number J100311. What can you tell me about it. If I am not up to changing my stock rear bumper yet will it melt my plastic bumper?

Austen

I bought the Magnaflow rock crawler system (P/N 17143) a month or so ago for my 2013 JK. This system is much deeper sounding and louder than what I thought it would be after having watched a few youtube videos. When driving around town I love the way it sounds - Deep and ballsy, but when on the hwy going up and down the CO foothills the drone is so loud that I am considering removing the system and going back to stock. If it weren't for the wonderful sound when driving around town I would have already switched back.
I'd d yours get louder after a couple of days?

I am looking at the Magnaflow 17143. I like the sound and performance gains of this unit. The one thing I would like to know is if anyone has driven it around with the top and/or the doors off. I wonder how much you get fumigated at a stop light with the exhaust exit so far forward. If anyone can answer that for me I would appreciate it.
Did you get this exhaust? I just installed mine and was wondering how it was working for you if you did choose this one.

Ryan
I am interested in the flowmaster American thunder cat back for 2013 2 door JK part number J100311. What can you tell me about it. If I am not up to changing my stock rear bumper yet will it melt my plastic bumper?

Austen
My 2017 2 door JK came with that exhaust. The good point is it is tucked up high and out of the way. The bad is the stereo is almost useless in my opinion. If there was one that routed the same way but sounded stock or close I would order it today.

Hello. {2dr 14 jk}

This is my personal opinion. I originally had the FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM. I bought this system years ago, as they had a really good sale at the time with a great rebate. I liked it however, since the muffler sits really close below the driver, it has a very loud drone. This really didnt bother me to much in the summer, with the doors off, as I just turned the stereo up , but with the hard top on the wife would complain, and it was starting to bother her, so I bought the Magnaflow 15116 Performance Exhaust Kit. I bought this kit on a great sale at amazon and could not pass it up. This kit is a just a LiTTLE louder than stock, but still gives a slightly more aggressive heavy acceleration groan, but it has no highway DRONE at all. The fit and finish are great, everything lined up as it should, but the exhaust pipe does stick out the rear, while the other one tucked up inside the frame rails. It feels SOLID and very well put together. These are just my opinions, but I hope these can help. Good luck with whatever you choose.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.