Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thank you for help with the HotHead liner.

so now what suggestions for a good floor liner/heat liner ... this is what i find but it really looks like something that would have to replace very quickly under my floor mats. any HOT 100 degree+++ weather jeepers??:atomic::atomic:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Did you intend to post a link to something you found?

I don't really have any ideas besides dynamat or something like that? I'm in Texas, and from reading your other post probably don't understand the kind of heat y'all have. I keep my doors on and soft top together once it stays 100+ for several days. Hard top comes off in the spring and goes back on when we get the first good freeze.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Last year I found a box of Boom Mat sound dampening material 30 sheet box for only $100. For that price, I figured what the heck. I removed the carpets and back seats from both my 2013 JK and my 2004 TJ, gave the flooring a quick wipe down with alcohol, and applied the material. The instructions state to use 50 percent coverage but I used a little more. I got great results. I noticed more sound dampening than heat insulation in the JK and more heat insulation than sound dampening in the TJ.

The box of 30 Boom Mat sheets completed both the JK and TJ with plenty left over. My guess is that you would need 10 sheets or so. Below is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...?keywords=Boom+Mat&qid=1574511129&sr=8-4&th=1

Dynamat and Killmat seem to be the same or similar material. You might want to price shop a bit.

For additional insulation you might want to try the Under Carpet Lite. After applying the sound dampening material you put the Under Carpet Lite over the Boom Mat material but under the carpet. I have NOT tried this yet as I got good results with the Boom Mat material. But, it sound like the heat in Arizona is much worse then what we get in Virginia! The the price it may be worth the effort for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...?keywords=Boom+Mat&qid=1574512018&sr=8-9&th=1

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dry

more like yours ... 110 and really dry
:firedevil:
I don't really have any ideas besides dynamat or something like that? I'm in Texas, and from reading your other post probably don't understand the kind of heat y'all have. I keep my doors on and soft top together once it stays 100+ for several days. Hard top comes off in the spring and goes back on when we get the first good freeze.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts