Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember on my old TJ there was a way to bypass the fog lights cutting off when you use the high beams. If memory serves me correct it involved bending a fuse or something. Is there anyway that anyone is aware of to bypass this feature on a JK? I have a 2017 with the Mopar LEDS.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a superchips flashcal that worked for me

Reactions: BellumJKU and l5072

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Jscan will do allow you to run fogs and highbeams.
It will also allow high and low to run at the same time. They call this quadbeam.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The purpose of high beams is to project light further down the road allowing you to see at a greater distance. Though it gives the impression of increasing visibility, having the fog lights illuminated with the high beams actually reduces your ability to see objects at a distance due to the increased light closer to the vehicle. It is a similar concept to your ability see the stars better when in the country with minimal ambient light sources than in the city with more ambient light sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
297 Posts
AppCar allows this config as well. I normally only use fogs and high beams when on trails.

Reactions: l5072

·
Noob
59 Posts
The purpose of high beams is to project light further down the road allowing you to see at a greater distance. Though it gives the impression of increasing visibility, having the fog lights illuminated with the high beams actually reduces your ability to see objects at a distance due to the increased light closer to the vehicle. It is a similar concept to your ability see the stars better when in the country with minimal ambient light sources than in the city with more ambient light sources.
I think I've seen you mention this on some other threads about this idea of having the fog lights on with high beams. It is very interesting information and I have avoided the temptation to set up my fog lights to be on with the high beams as a result of reading this on this thread and some other threads. I am curious what the source of this information is though?

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I think I've seen you mention this on some other threads about this idea of having the fog lights on with high beams. It is very interesting information and I have avoided the temptation to set up my fog lights to be on with the high beams as a result of reading this on this thread and some other threads. I am curious what the source of this information is though?
University studies, military studies, etc.
Foreground illumination constricts your pupils.

However, running the highbeams/lowbeams/fogs simultaneously while navigating a tough trail at night? Sure. You're only going 3mph and don't need the distant vision.
But running highbeams and fogs on the highway? You won't see as far as you should and it's not legal.

This is a great forum for automotive lighting: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?87-Automotive-Motorcycles-Included

Reactions: AAONMS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jscan will do allow you to run fogs and highbeams.
It will also allow high and low to run at the same time. They call this quadbeam.
Hi, I have Jscan and bought a license. I'm in the app and dont see how to make that change so that they stay on with the high beams. Could you please guide me on where to find that?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Def JSCAN!!! awesome app and does a lot of other features and for a fraction of the cost
Hi, I have Jscan and bought a license. I'm in the app and dont see how to make that change so that they stay on with the high beams. Could you please guide me on where to find that?

Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts