Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting here because I know most people use multiple forums.

So i registered 2 days ago and I still cant do anything. very very limited use. I understand I cant sell anything until i get 50 post but does that also mean I cant browse or buy? Its hard to get a post when I cant even introduce myself on the site in the designated areas. :banghead:

Just had my AEV 5.7 jeep delivered today and need parts! asap

Every time i attempt to post it tells me I :
mooseknuckle3835, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Is that on this forum? You should be able to post where ever you like here, except for the classifieds until you get 15 posts.

If you are talking about that other place, sometimes they completely lock out the classifieds area until you meet the requirements. There are other forums that I'm on that are like that. The only other way is to usually buy a member subscription to gain access early. If you want or need parts that bad, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it normal to be so locked out I cant even edit my profile or avatar? I had already looked into a paid option but its only for vendors that I could tell.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Sometimes. Did you get any kind of e-mail confirmation where you had to click a link to activate the account?

Other sites make you wait a day or so or until the moderators turn your account on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
that is weird..you should be able to do everything you are saying you can't minus posting in the classifieds..it's a 15 post limit here, not 50.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I'm confused :confused: What else is new? :D Are you talking about www Wranglerforum.com or www JKforum.com?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
As I recall, it took four of five days for my JK-Forum account to activate after I did the email confirmation link. I know it's a little unusual--this forum, for example, activated my account immediately. Just be patient.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm confused :confused: What else is new? :D Are you talking about www Wranglerforum.com or www JKforum.com?
Lol when you re read everything I think he is talking about JK Forum..he says people use multiple forums so he is hoping someone from there reads his post here since he can't post there?

·
In a trailer in the woods
75,272 Posts
As I recall, it took four of five days for my JK-Forum account to activate after I did the email confirmation link. I know it's a little unusual--this forum, for example, activated my account immediately. Just be patient.

Same here, I was starting to think I did something wrong with the link.

·
Vendor
5,681 Posts
FWIW, I try to avoid JK-F since they censor their postings to
- not disparage their advertisers,
- not promote vendors that compete with their advertisers,
- and don't allow links to other forums.
Personally, I think this is a FANTASTIC thing. :rofl:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Were you banned at one time? If so then it won't let you register because of your IP address and it will stay in registration limbo for life.

Basically I avoid that site like the plague. Eddie "WasteOLife" (the forum owner) is a douche. You can't get honest opinions on products because he and his moderators censor EVERYTHING. If you find a great product and want to let others know about it, but it's not a supporting vendor (ie. lining Eddie's pockets) he will delete the post and ban you. If you bought a product from a supporting vendor and it fell apart in a week, you can't let others know about it.

I use this forum, JKOwners and Jeepforum. All three are full of information, tech, and product advise you will ever need. Each has great people and their own unique personalities. If you only want to stick with one forum, I'm sure you will find one of those three that will fit you best.

And congrats on the AEV Jeep. :punk:

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
I posted a very negative review on JK-Forum a few months ago on a sponsoring vendor's product without any adverse affects on my membership status.

I tried participating in a discussion on JK-Owners, and was bashed solely because I'm an active member of JK-Forum.

There's valuable information on both those sites as well as on this one. I'd love to be more of an active participant on JK-Owners and to make friends there, as I have here and on JK-Forum, but I just don't care so much for the harsh, prejudice attitudes of some members over at JK-Owners. There's none of that here or on JK-Forum.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I posted a very negative review on JK-Forum a few months ago on a sponsoring vendor's product without any adverse affects on my membership status.

I tried participating in a discussion on JK-Owners, and was bashed solely because I'm an active member of JK-Forum.

There's valuable information on both those sites as well as on this one. I'd love to be more of an active participant on JK-Owners and to make friends there, as I have here and on JK-Forum, but I just don't care so much for the harsh, prejudice attitudes of some members over at JK-Owners. There's none of that here or on JK-Forum.
Do you want to know why I got banned this year? I have a JKO sticker on the side of my Jeep. Never once posted anything derogatory towards JKF and I had been a member there since October 2006. Hell, I even had a few threads that were made into "stickies". Yeah, banned for a sticker. :9lame:

BTW, I looked up the thread you are talking about. One person jokingly asked you if you were a spy and another went on an generalized anti-JKF rant. I don't think anyone directly bashed you. If someone did....well, there are ass hats everywhere. You just have to figure out who to ignore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased my Jeep at noon...found this forum an hour ago...activated a new account...and I seem to have full access. Wish I could help

1 - 20 of 25 Posts