Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about replacing my JK's frame crossmember...you know, the one that runs under the middle of the vehicle and to which the t-case skid attaches (among other things).

Amyhow, at work earlier, I found a site that retails OEM Jeep parts and this one seemed to run about 244 bucks (not cheap). On the other hand, I can get an Or-Fab transverse crossmember for like 130 bucks. I note that Poison Spyder also makes a somewhat pricier (but still less expensive than OEM) part. Both the Or-Fab and PS units seem to be made with higher strength material...and there DO seem to be a lot of photos of mangled X-members floating around.

So, anyone have thoughts on after market cross members? It could be my weak search-fu, but I didn't see much to work with here on this topic. Obviously, mine is not quite as fresh as the day she left the factory.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose I could leave it on and just tote a spare around =).

Seriously, it's nice that at least that particular part is bolt on instead of welded.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I would go aftermarket as opposed to OEM, would seem to be beefier and cheaper as well.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Check out Poison Spider !! They are listed in the Venders list here....
I need one too, and they make a really nice one ! BH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts